Coordinator III, Nursing Lab
- Lone Star College
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 1, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Health & Medicine, Nursing, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Other Academic Affairs, Research Administration, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Student Affairs, Health Services
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Montgomery
Lone Star College offers high-quality, low-cost academic transfer and career training education to 93,000+ students each semester. LSC has been named a 2021 Great Colleges to Work For® institution by the Chronicle of Higher Education and ranked 35th in Texas in the Forbes ‘America’s Best Employers By State’ list.
LSC consists of eight colleges, seven centers, eight Workforce Centers of Excellence and Lone Star Corporate College.
Lone Star College–Montgomery, the premiere student-centered educational institution in Montgomery County, serves The Woodlands and Conroe communities. LSC–Montgomery provides a relaxing and conducive learning atmosphere while offering leisure learning opportunities, individual classes, and unique programs such as radiologic technology, physical therapy, and biotechnology.
Location address is 3200 College Park Drive, Conroe, TX 77384.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Coordinator I I I, Nursing Lab will be responsible for creat ing and manag ing a multidimensional educational link between the nursing lectures and the nursing laboratory/practical experience that will enable students to connect the rationale and theory for the skills they learn in the clinical setting. P rovide a high level of coordination of the program/functions across multiple nursing levels and other health occupations programs and direct the daily operations of the nursing teaching labs including creating laboratory schedules, maintaining inventory and quality assurance of lab items, tracking department budgets, directing and monitoring laboratory safety protocols, and hiring / training / supervising lab assistants .
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience, which demonstrates abilities in nursing practice, ability to mentor students in the lab settings
- Maintains Basic Life Support Certification for Health Care Workers
- Ability to work independently without close supervision, broad knowledge of the nursing sciences, successful handling of daily operations of the nursing lab
- Ability to determine own approach to complete work
- Ability to organize work around broad organization and goals
- Ability to set up lab in accordance with direction from nursing faculty and/or the lab teaching plan (developed by faculty).
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment that requires incumbent to be sensitive to change and responsive to changing goals, priorities, and needs
- Skill to prepare and/or process purchase orders
- Skill to be held accountable for inventory
The work requires a moderate degree of physical effort related to moving hospital beds on wheels, transporting/moving mannequins and other hospital-related equipment. However, there may also be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light to moderately heavy items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. Position requires working with chemicals .
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS :
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- Work with and operate/run a variety of patient simulation equipment
- General nursing skills lab equipment
- Work in a safe and secure work/lab environment that may periodically have unpredicted requirements or demands
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 1 ye ar of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Registered Nurse (RN) with current license in Texas
Hiring salary range is $48,152 - $55,375.00
Lone Star College provides a hiring salary range for all posted full-time non-faculty positions. Where your salary offer would fall in that range is determined by your related experience and education. Should you receive an offer of employment from Lone Star College, the resume submitted in the application process will be utilized to calculate your salary offer. The information outlined below will provide the Office of Human Resources everything needed to determine an accurate starting salary.
Your resume should provide a complete picture of your work experience. The resume should include the following information for each position listed:
- Length of time (specific months and years) of employment
- If the position was full time or part time
- If the position was paid or unpaid
- Unofficial transcript for highest earned degree
Additionally, any certifications listed as required or preferred in the Lone Star College job description should be included in the resume submitted.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, a generous number of paid holidays and vacation days, wellness programs, tuition waiver, professional development opportunities and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
This position is primarily to assist the Nursing Department as a supporting staff member.
This position does not include a research lab.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert