Assistant Professor of Special Education
- Southwest Minnesota State University
- Marshall, Minnesota
- $60,682 minimum
- Posted Date
- Feb 2, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Curriculum & Instruction, Special Education, Teacher Education
- Employment Level
- Non-Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The faculty member will teach courses in the Special Education licensure programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels, including courses taught in an online format, and will supervise clinical placements. Duties also include student advising, contribution to student growth and development, participation in department and institutional activities, committee assignments, evaluating student performance, scholarly activities, and service to the University and community. SMSU, in its commitment to meeting the service needs of the region, expects faculty to engage in regional service, education or study as part of their community service responsibility.
- An earned master’s degree in Special Education or related field or ABD
- Previous or current licensure and experience in Special Education is required.
- Three years teaching experience in a E-12 school in Special Education is required.
- Licensed or licensable to teach in the State of Minnesota.
- Knowledge and experience in Web-based instruction.
- Demonstrated commitment or proven strategies for fostering a diverse and inclusive environment; demonstrated ability or proven strategies to teach and work with persons from diverse backgrounds.
- Preference is given for additional licensures – multiple special education licensure areas
- Experience with SPED edTPA
- Faculty experience in teacher preparation
- Experience in supervision of clinical experiences
- Student-centered approach to education and commitment to helping grow the SPED program
- Demonstrated skills in collaboration, consensus building, and achieving mutual goals with colleagues
- An understanding of and appreciation for liberal education
SMSU is committed to equal employment opportunities for all applicants and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. SMSU does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Women, diverse populations, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Southwest Minnesota State University is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System and is an equal opportunity educator and employer. The University is committed to affirmative recruitment and encourages applications from women, persons of color, veterans, and persons with disabilities. Applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States. Requests for reasonable accommodation of a disability during the application and/or interview process should be made to the Affirmative Action Office, 507-537-6208. For TTY communications, contact Minnesota Relay Service at 1-800-627-3529. This vacancy notice is available in alternative format upon request.
Southwest Minnesota State University is one of seven universities in the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system. SMSU gives highest priority to excellence in teaching and preparing students to be lifelong learners through quality undergraduate and graduate teaching/advising and strong student/faculty relationships. We area a public institution offering over 50 majors and minors and four master’s degrees. Its mission, dating back to 1967, provides access to university-level programs in liberal arts & professional studies. The University has a special commitment to the educational needs of the people in its service region reflected through its curricula, cultural programs, diversity of staff and students, cooperative relationships with the public and private sectors, and regional institutions. The 216-acre campus encompasses 24 modern, interconnected, and accessible buildings. Marshall (pop. 14,000) is the hub of a rich agricultural area and offers a variety of cultural, recreational and educational opportunities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert