Events & Community-Building Coordinator
- University of Colorado Boulder
- Colorado, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 2, 2023
The College of Engineering & Applied Science (CEAS), in partnership with Housing, Student Affairs, and Residence Life is embarking upon a brand-new initiative to create an equitable and robust First-Year Experience (FYE) in Williams Village for all first-year CEAS students. To launch in Fall 2023, we envision an Engineering Residential Community that supports the holistic academic, social, career, mental health and wellness needs of its students through a comprehensive and inclusive approach to student recruitment, persistence, and success that uniquely brings together all the resources that touch upon the student experience.
A new staff role in this undertaking is the Events & Community-Building Coordinator. This position serves as a highly accessible student-facing presence engaging in all-around event and community support.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Founded in 1893, CEAS at CU Boulder is the second largest of seven schools and colleges at one of the nation's top public research institutions. As Colorado's flagship university, CU Boulder has selective admissions standards and a comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs.
The college’s mission is to generate new knowledge in engineering and related fields, and to equip students from a diverse set of backgrounds to become leaders and citizens responsible for the betterment of individuals and society. Our vision is to be a recognized world leader for excellence and innovation in engineering research and education, with an emphasis on inclusive excellence, active learning and global society.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Develop and manage a calendar of events.
- Oversee approval process and booking for applying to run an event, accessing funding, running event, etc.
- Develop approval process for AIGs applying to run an event, accessing funding, running event, etc.
- Support AIG and/or RAP event logistics as needed.
- Send calendar invites & reminders to speaker series partners.
- Maintain accurate databases and user lists within EMS.
- Liaise with Village Center Dining services to book dining spaces.
- Work with identified faculty to organize Spanish Language Dinners.
- Work with identified faculty/departmental staff to organize 30+ major dinners, keep track of attendance, and follow up with no-shows.
- Assist in the development and implementation of year-end celebration events.
- Collaborate with Res Life Community Center Coordinator, Hall Directors, and other Res Life staff in event planning and for coordination of space utilization.
- Staff evening support events like APPM Wednesdays (catering, clean up, etc.).
- Help logistics and visioning of large events like College Days/Engineering Launch, Recruitment/visit days, Family Weekend, Engineering Immersion.
- Support implementation of fall welcome events within CEAS and Williams Village.
- Support Admitted Buff Day admissions events & Engineering Sampler.
- Primary liaison to student societies/organizations active at Williams Village location
- Manage storage spaces for student societies/organizations/affinity-based groups
- Assist these groups as appropriate in their own event planning and assists with recruitment
- Work with student groups to refine applications before they submit and consults with FYE Assistant Director
- Develop pop-up events throughout semester in response to student needs (ask wellness liaison lead, academic success program manager, FYE-AD, etc).
- Assist Academic Success Program Manager with logistics for academic success workshops and programming
- Assist with logistics for other programs of North Office collaborators (ProReady, Active Learning, BOLD Center, etc.)
- Collaborate with Residence Life on implementation timeline of engagement strategies within ResX
- Partner with the Center for Student Involvement to explore the implementation of BuffConnect for community programming
- Support the management of pre-arrival programs, including tracking of participants, coordinating evening activities, and coordinating schedules.
- Serve on college and/or university committees or other projects as assigned.
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Participate in professional development honing wellness skills, practice, and vision.
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to follow the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement . New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
- This position may be eligible for a hybrid work modality consistent with the College of Engineering and Applied Science Hybrid Work Policy.
- The starting salary range for this position is $50,000 - $57,000 annually.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be collaborative. Be resourceful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in a related field from an accredited college or university.
- One year experience with event management, student programming, or related work.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with partners at all levels throughout the institution.
- Proven ability to independently perform a wide range of event planning, programmatic, administrative, and technical responsibilities associated with this position.
- Ability to thrive in an uncertain work environment, displaying optimism, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Knowledge of cultural change agency, empowerment, and anti-racism practices and theory.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives in a higher education setting.
- Demonstrated experience working with students with a developmental and well-rounded approach to support academic and transitional success.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team and within a collaborative work environment.
- Exceptional organizational, planning, and analytical skills.
- Ability to make triage decisions and requests, prioritize multiple projects, and work calmly in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated passion for student success and well-being.
- Commitment to direct engagement with students, student mentoring, and student empowerment.
- Sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural, political, and geographical differences, with the ability to work well with faculty, staff, and students from around the world.
- Demonstrated experience in addressing issues of diversity and multicultural competencies.
- Demonstrated ability in organizing and facilitating student event programs and operational responsibilities, including large-scale events.
- Familiarity with Housing & Dining Services operations and personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and interpret campus policies.
- Demonstrated participation in long-range and short-range strategizing.
- Administrative and organizational skills in program planning, assessment, budget and evaluation.
- Skills in mentoring and supervising student leaders.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by February 15, 2023 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert