Language Classes Program Coordinator
- University of Colorado Boulder
- Colorado, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 2, 2023
The Anderson Language and Technology Center (ALTEC) encourages applications for the Language Classes Program Coordinator position! ALTEC is a service unit that supports the language learning community at the University of Colorado Boulder and the state of Colorado. ALTEC’s mission is to broaden and deepen cultural understanding through innovative approaches to language learning and teaching.
The Language Classes Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the administrative aspects of the language institute including collaborating on which languages and levels will be offered, staffing support including the hiring of instructors, and the creation and management of budgets and schedules. This role will also be responsible for the running of ALTEC class registration, collaborating on promotion of the program, supporting and cultivating ALTEC faculty, and ensuring smooth operations of the language classes program throughout its lifecycle. The Program Coordinator will also lead the development of the Language Classes Program to best serve the students and advance the mission of ALTEC and the University.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
ALTEC’s vision is to bring people together through advanced technologies and resources that propel inclusive, accessible and engaging language learning and teaching on campus and beyond. We achieve this by providing a wide range of services coupled with physical and virtual spaces where all can come to learn, grow and connect through languages.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Language Institute Operations and Administration
- Coordinate the unit’s non-credit language classes as part of the language institute.
- Direct all aspects of administration including deciding which languages and levels to offer, instructor hires/salaries/onboarding and supervising,
- Create and manage budgets in addition to long term financial planning.
- Coordinate the scheduling of classes and reserving needed rooms.
- Support faculty in building Canvas courses and establishing standards for quality assurance.
- Collaborate on the advertising and promoting of the institute in with staff including determining long-term marketing strategies, keeping web pages up to date.
- Responsible for running registration including building and continually improving Cvent platform experience, communicating via email and phone with students.
- Collaborate closely with the Office of Information Technology (OIT) to ensure all students have access to Canvas courses.
- Conduct surveys to assess ways to improve student and instructor experience, and manage finances to generate profit to support lower-enrolled classes.
- Supervise one student staff member to support these efforts.
- Conducting market research on comparable programs to better develop the program to best serve students, and advance the mission of ALTEC and the University.
- Cultivate relationships with university partners as well as regional and national organizations to expand programmatic offerings.
- Continually assess program’s structure to be an example for access and equity in language acquisition.
- Refine and develop the ALTEC Advantage including the free foundation courses, nurture and develop relationships with potential donors, seek external grant funding for new initiatives, and collaborate in long-term planning of the program.
- This position is a 1-year term.
- The standard schedule for this position is 9am - 4pm, Monday - Friday.
- This position has the option to work in a hybrid work modality, working both remotely and in-person on the CU Boulder campus.
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to comply with the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement . New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
The salary for this position is $53,000 annually.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be impactful. Be inclusive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. Equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
- 1 year of related professional experience.
- Strong evidence of culturally competent interpersonal skills.
- Energetic, creative, well-spoken, and organized along with a strong command of written professional English.
- Ability to thrive in an independent environment as well as handle multiple competing projects and goals.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- 2+ years of progressively responsible professional experience delivering, teaching, or advising academic support programs.
- Track record of developing effective communication processes and building relationships at all levels of an organization.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by February 15, 2023 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert