MTS ELECTRICIAN (Part Time)
- University of Missouri
- Missouri, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 1, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Professional Fields, Vocational & Technical Fields, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Facilities Management & Physical Plant
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Perform skilled work on a journey level in the installation, maintenance, service and repair of electrical systems, equipment and fixtures.
All work is subject to spot checking and inspection for conformance to specifications and accepted standards of the trade.
Install, maintain, and repair AC and DC electrical wiring systems, power sources, laboratory equipment, and other components such as conduit, electrical panels, signal and alarm systems, lighting, receptacles, relays and controls, motors, generators, rectifiers, transformers, electric meters, etc.
May replace interior and exterior lamps as necessary at varying heights.
Perform installation, maintenance, and repair on overhead and underground electrical circuits and components.
May perform oiling, cleaning, brush replacement, and other repair of equipment as required. May install, maintain, and repair circuits and equipment involving electronic components.
Troubleshoot equipment, utilizing testing devices.
Clean, maintain, safely operate and properly store all tools and equipment.
May perform or assist with preparation of cost estimates, material orders, reports and maintenance of records.
Observe and enforce all safety requirements related to equipment operation.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Salary Range: $18.93-$31.85 Hourly
GGS Grade: F
University Ttle: MTS ELECTRICIAN
Internal applicants can determine their university title by accessing the Talent Profile tile in myHR.
A job offer for this position is contingent on passing a physical examination to determine if the candidate possesses the physical capabilities necessary to perform the essential functions.
- A high school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is necessary.
- Five years of actual work experience and training, including the equivalent of apprenticeship or vocational training, in the trade.
- Ability to read blueprints, plans, drawings, wiring diagrams, and electrical codes.
- Skill in maintenance and use of tools, equipment and materials of applicable trade.
- Ability on a daily basis to:
- Grasp, lift, maneuver, rotate, and otherwise use small to large trades tools and equipment.
- Grasp, lift, carry, and set down heavy objects (50-80 lbs.)
- Grasp, turn, twist, pull, push, lift, and otherwise move equipment, controls, parts, etc.
- Visually assess maintenance, construction and repair needs
- Climb and work from ladders, stairs, and scaffolding
- A valid driver’s license may be required.
- Depending on the nature of work performed, the incumbent may be required to wear a respirator or self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) as outlined in the “Industrial Standard for Respirator Use”.
This position is not eligible for University benefits. Individuals in non benefit eligible positions may choose to participate in the Tax Deferred Annuity Plan (403b). For information about this plan, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Director of Employee and Labor Relations at 573-884-2577.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Director of Accessibility and ADA at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
- EEO is the Law English Version
- EEO is the Law Spanish Version
- EEO is the Law Chinese Version
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert