- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Virginia, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 1, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Professional Fields, Public Administration & Policy, Social Work & Human Services, Social & Behavioral Sciences, Other Social & Behavioral Sciences, Political Science & International Relations, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Public Relations & Marketing (Campus)
- Employment Type
- Part Time
The L. Douglas Wilder School of Government and Public Affairs invites applications for a Part-Time Consultant. This position will support the quantitative component of the "Charting a Course for Economic Mobility and Responsible Parenting" evaluation project. This project has three phases: Phase 1 coming to an end on January 31, 2023. Phase 2 will begin in February, and entails finalizing the evaluation plan that the VCU team drafted in Phase 1 (Conducting a pilot study using this evaluation plan, and analyzing/presenting the pilot study results).
The Wilder School's mission is to:
• Engage, teach and inspire students and leaders to understand and solve challenges in our world.
• Advance research that informs public policy and decision-making to improve our communities.
• Collaborate with communities through innovative partnerships to enhance the quality of life.
The Wilder School's vision is to be the premier resource for public policy expertise and social equity in public safety, governance, and economic and community development. The 2022 U.S. News and World Report rankings confirm the Wilder School among the top 15% of graduate schools of public affairs at No. 38 and tied for No.1 in Virginia. The School is also ranked No. 19 in Social Policy, No. 28 in Urban Policy, and No. 34 in Public Management and Leadership. The Wilder School has over 1,500 students and more than 11,000 alumni, with an established environment where diverse perspectives thrive and where a common interest in public service and the betterment of society unites these perspectives together. Our academic excellence attracts the highest quality faculty, staff, and students, and our graduates are leaders in their professions.
Our location in Richmond, the capital of the Commonwealth of Virginia, combined with our proximity to Washington, DC, provides numerous opportunities for engaged scholarship, teaching and community engagement activities. A creative, interdisciplinary School with both academic programs and training/research centers in the social sciences and professional arenas, we reflect the diversity of the communities we serve, providing students and faculty with the knowledge, skills, opportunities, and experience necessary for success.
For additional information about the Wilder School, please visit our website at https://wilder.vcu.edu/.
The overall goal of this project is to create and conduct a program evaluation for a new responsible parenting online course that has been developed by the Virginia Department of Social Services. This position will assist with all aspects of Phase 2 with a primary focus on making recommendations as to how to best collect the quantitative data, analyzing the data from the pilot study, and assisting with reporting the results.
- - PhD in public policy and administration or related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- - P rior experience with quantitative data collection and analysis.
- - Demonstrated ability to create and carry out a quantitative research study.
- - Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- - Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment, or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU.
Typical Physical and Cognitive Requirements:
Physical Demands and Activities (Essential):
Light lifting (<20 lbs.)
Emotional Demands (Essential):
Fast pace/Average pace
Intense customer interaction
Mental/Sensory Demands (Essential):
Application Submission/Other Information:
All applications should include a detailed resume with the names and contact information of three professional references.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
“Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action university providing access to education and employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, political affiliation, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or disability”.
Salary Range: 3,000
Department: Centers & Institutes, L. Douglas Wilder School of Government and Public Affairs
Employment Type: H1 - Hourly
Restricted Status: Yes
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Contact Name: Brittany Keegan
Contact Email: Keeganbs@vcu.edu
Contact Phone: 804-827-3404
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert