Senior Flyer Student Services Counselor
- University of Dayton
- Ohio, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 1, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar, Disabled Student Services, Financial Aid, Other Student Affairs, Student Activities & Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Candidates looking for a career opportunity with impact on students, opportunities for continuous learning, and support for professional growth should consider joining the division of Enrollment Management at the University of Dayton. The Sr. Flyer Student Services (FSS) Counselor is a leadership position, consistently focused on providing exceptional service within the Flyer Student Services Office. This individual provides essential information, assists in the navigation of online resources, and provides counseling for current and former students, parents/families, and alumni in the areas of student records and registration, financial aid, billing, and payment processing. This position requires an in-depth knowledge of service areas of Flyer Student Services, as well as the ability to work directly with Flyer Student Services Counselors. This individual will collaborate with Home Office leadership and liaisons on more complex issues or account updates. To be successful, this individual will use problem solving skills on a daily basis. Additionally, this position will supervise student employees on a daily basis. Reporting to and working closely with the Executive Director, this individual is responsible for driving innovative solutions that improve service delivery in FSS using data analytics. This includes collaborating with home offices to problem solve and increasing skills of other FSS team members to improve the service experience.
This person is the primary liaison with at least one FSS home office. This individual is the lead trainer for new staff and provides timely updates for existing staff in FSS.
As a Catholic, Marianist research University, we are a diverse community committed to educating the whole person and linking learning and scholarship with leadership and service. Strategic Enrollment Management is focused on service excellence to recruit, enroll and graduate highly qualified students and improve access, affordability, diversity, inclusion and success. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we encourage all candidates to apply.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Two years of customer service experience
- One year of supervisory experience
- Proficiency in MS Office and other related technologies
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, critical thinking skills
- Ability to meet expectations in a fast-paced and dynamic customer-oriented environment with flexibility to accommodate adjusting priorities
- Experience gathering and analyzing data to drive decisions
- Ability to provide leadership as a collaborative team member
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations
While not everyone may possess all of the preferred qualifications, the ideal candidate will bring many of the following:
- Masters Degree
- Higher education experience
- Exceptional attention to detail, even while working with frequent interruptions.
- Strong customer-oriented approach and the demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with staff, families and students of diverse backgrounds
- Composure while problem solving and a demonstrated ability to remain calm during difficult situations.
- Self-motivated and have the ability to work independently
- Ability to work with staff, students, and families in a manner consistent with Catholic and Marianist values and principles.
- Openness to work in a collaborative environment and engaging in collective decision-making.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and social justice
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To apply please submit a cover letter addressing each minimum qualification and any applicable preferred qualifications that you meet.
A federal court on December 7, 2021, issued a ruling that suspends the COVID-19 vaccine requirement that applies to federal contractors nationwide. With this development, the University will pause any enforcement action against employees who have not complied with the requirement to be fully vaccinated by Dec. 8, 2021 or to have requested an exemption to maintain their employment status.
The University will continue to monitor the state of the pandemic on campus and in the community as well as developments in federal and state requirements, and also will continue to regularly consult with public health officials and our medical panel. As has been the case throughout the pandemic, our protocols and requirements are subject to change depending on conditions on campus or in our community, and government requirements.
Informed by its Catholic and Marianist mission, the University is committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Informed by this commitment, we seek to increase diversity, achieve equitable outcomes, and model inclusion across our campus community. As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, we will not discriminate against minorities, women, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, or on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert