Member Services Program Manager - (STA011737)
- University of Houston
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 2, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Education Administration & Leadership, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Other Business & Administrative Affairs, Community Relations & Institutional Outreach, Student Affairs, Student Activities & Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Manages the day-to-day operations of a small or medium-sized university program or department. May supervise staff employees, student workers, programs or processes.Job Duties
- Plans and develops procedures for administering a small or medium-sized department or program.
- Oversees program expenditures and ensures adherence to budget.
- Provides guidance to subordinate staff and evaluates performance.
- May prepare or participate in the creation of abstracts, research reports, funding proposals, operations and procedure manuals, and other written material and documentation.
- Reviews reports of budgets and activities. Prepares ad hoc reports as needed.
- May administer grants and grant-related related communications, scholarships and other operations.
- Develops, implements and maintains appropriate policies and procedures.
- May serve as property custodian for the department.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Member Services Coordinator will support the daily business operations including point of sale and member relations for the Department of Campus Recreation. This position reports to the Assistant Director of Member Services.
Job Duties: Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Supervise student staff to include hiring, training, scheduling, providing feedback for evaluations, disciplinary processes and execute payroll.
• Coordinate member and guest operations, including oversight of access control, locker rental, program registrations, memberships, and point-of-sale transactions. • Collaborate and correspond with business office staff and campus stakeholders to ensure Campus Recreation business operations are successfully maintained.
• Develop and manage the Pro Shop budget; purchase and manage inventory in accordance with university policy.
• Serve as the primary contact and respondent for member relations, concerns, and feedback. Implement a strong customer service philosophy for self and staff.
• Cultivate an inclusive, safe, and diverse environment for members and student staff; address patron comments, concerns, behavior, and conduct issues as necessary.
• Develop and administer training plans for student employees to include UH and Campus Recreation policies and procedures.
• Attend department promotional and special events, information fairs, orientations, speaking engagements, to engage the UH community with Campus Recreation.
• Assist with creating, forecasting, monitoring, and allocating the Member Services budget; purchase and maintain necessary equipment and supplies.
• Serve on internal and external committees, work groups and collaborate with campus partners; build relationships with key stakeholders.
• Assess, evaluate, and mitigate risk for program area through direct supervision and management; implement policies and procedures; maintain accurate records; create various reports, and contract agreements.
• Evening and weekend hours are required as needed.
Bachelors and No experience
Education: Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Experience: No experience required.
Notes to Applicant: Please see additional job information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert