Career Services Coordinator
- Texas A&M International University
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 1, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Career Services
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Career Services Coordinator
Career Services Coordinator
Texas A&M International University
College Of Arts & Sciences
Proposed Minimum Salary
The Career Services Coordinator, under general supervision, coordinates program efforts to promote full use of career services by undergraduate students at each campus. Enhances outreach and communication efforts to student groups on campus and employers in the community by coordinating advertising programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides career advising to students, prospective students, and
alumni in the areas of career planning, resume writing, job search,
networking, interviewing skills, salary evaluation, career and
employment issues, and personal development.
- Supports the mission by participating in general workshops and
big events, walk-in advising, committee work, and weekly
- Maintains website and operations of online job placement
- Instructs individuals and groups in the use of career services
and facilities' computerized guidance programs.
- Establishes and maintains positive rapport with the community,
alumni, civic/professional organizations, local businesses and
industry, public school systems, and other potential employers for
the purpose of promoting the institution and its students as
- Promotes and facilitates the link between academic curriculum
and departments with a system of career counseling activities
and/or services to enhance students' future employment
- Serves as a liaison between academic departments and support
services to assist students who are undecided about academic and
- Monitors and evaluates career services, policies, and
procedures for effectiveness and efficiency, and determines
- Proactively seeks out opportunities for outreach and
collaboration with academic/administrative departments and student
organizations to promote career and personal
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Education - Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited
institution in applicable field.
- Experience - Three years of related experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be
Preferred Experience and Education:
- Education: Master's degree from a regionally accredited
institution in applicable field preferred
- Experience in event planning and management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of career development, resources and theories, job
search techniques and technologies.
- Knowledge of resume writing, interview preparation skills, job
search techniques, professional development, and other career
- Ability to interpret career assessment tools.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent decision-making skills.
- Multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Work independently once given a project.
- Manage multiple, ongoing programs and services.
Licensing / Professional Certification: None.
Physical Requirements: None.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Supervision of Others:
This position generally does not supervise employees.
- Some evening and weekend work may be required
- Occasional travel
- Position requires on campus, face-to-face
- Position requires maintaining a regular schedule of attendance
on campus and in the workplace.
First review of applications will be January 16, 2023.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT: During the application process you have only one opportunity to enter the requested information, upload documents and submit the application. You will not be able to make changes or add additional documents once you “Submit” the application materials. The software does not allow you to “Save” your application and return to complete the process at a later time. The page "My Experience" has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload files. Be sure to include:
- Cover Letter
- At least 3 professional references and their full contact
- Unofficial transcripts (if applicable)
Applications received by Texas A&M International University must have all job application data entered. Failure to provide all job application data could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. “See resume” is not an acceptable entry in the job application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMIU_External/job/Laredo-TX/Career-Services-Coordinator_R-057558
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert