- Washburn University
- Kansas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 1, 2023
Position Title: VISTA Coordinator
Department: Center for Community Services
Advertised Pay: Base $36,635/year
Location: Washburn University
Application review is immediate and ongoing until the position is filled.
Position Summary: The Washburn VISTA Fellows Coordinator oversees the recruitment of community partners and new VISTA members. The VISTA Coordinator is responsible for contacting nonprofit organizations across the state, whose mission is aligned with the project goals of the grant, to convince them a VISTA member would be beneficial for their organization. Community partners and VISTA members are spread throughout eastern Kansas, but the Coordinator will be based on the Washburn University campus in Topeka, Kansas, working through the Learning in the Community (LinC): The Center for Community & Civic Engagement at Washburn University. This is a grant-funded position dependent on continued grant funding. Any offer of employment for this position is contingent on the results of a national background check which will include fingerprinting.
• The Coordinator position primarily oversees the recruitment, training, support, and management of community partners and VISTA members.
• Organizing orientation activities for new members and any ongoing training required by the grant.
• Collecting data needed for reports required by the grant.
• Traveling to VISTA sites to determine each site’s functionality related to the VISTA Assignment Description (VAD).
• Perform additional job-related duties as assigned or as appropriate which may be required by the grant in order to meet the mission of the program.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Knowledge of the AmeriCorps VISTA program
• Familiarity with standard software applications (i.e. Microsoft office, excel, etc.)
• Proven ability to effectively interact and collaborate with diverse individuals and organizations
• Ability to focus on multiple tasks while working in a busy office environment
• A demonstrated ability to be a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision
• Valid driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to University standards
• Direct experience in the functions of the Corporation for National and Community Service and/or with AmeriCorps VISTA
• Familiarity with e-grants
Full time, Exempt
Background Check and Driving History Required
Washburn is an EOE and is dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching-focused academic and work environment. We seek candidates who are committed to Washburn’s efforts to create a campus climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented and/or marginalized in higher education.
Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or parental status.
Washburn University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants for employment. If you are an applicant who needs a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please email email@example.com or call 785-670-1538 at least five (5) business days in advance of the date you need the requested accommodation.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert