Beloved Community is hiring for the position of Research
Coordinator/Sr. Research Coordinator. In this role, the Research
Coordinator’s primary function is to provide ongoing support for
various research projects in our Equity in Schools, Equity at Work,
and Equity at Home strands of work. You will work directly with the
Sr. Director of Research & Impact, and support our growing
research team. You will provide integral administrative support as
well as assist with various aspects of the research
itself---including but not limited to serving as a thought partner,
assisting in data collection and management, and contributing to
the publication and dissemination of findings.
Though remote, we provide a collaborative and interactive team
that demands flexibility and constant communication while
encouraging individual ideation and approach.
What You Bring
- You are passionate about planning and
organizing. You have a high level of organization and
attention to detail, and understand and value the impact that
planning ahead has on final outcomes.
- You are an effective project manager. You
have a demonstrated ability to multitask, meet deadlines and solve
problems as they arise.
- You have strong oral and written communication
skills. You communicate clearly and directly, and do
not hesitate to ask questions or for clarification.
- You are passionate about people. You have
a warm approach to this work that you bring to every
- You are an innovator and initiator. You
think outside the box and are unafraid to share your ideas, ask
lots of questions, and develop new systems or solutions to
- You balance independent work with teamwork.
You are able to work independently while also valuing collaboration
and giving as well as receiving feedback.
- You have some research background and experience, and
are enthusiastic about honing these skills. You are
familiar with both qualitative and quantitative research, and the
various logistical components that comprise a research study (e.g.,
participant recruitment, obtaining informed consent, distributing
- You recognize the power dynamics intrinsic in all
research. You believe in the potential of research to
advance equity and disrupt the status quo, AND also understand that
research has that same potential to cause harm and exacerbate
inequities. At Beloved we believe fervently in our responsibility
to constantly interrogate claims to neutrality and examine our own
biases in order to mitigate the harm that can come from doing
- The ideal candidate will have experience working in diverse
contexts, and may have experience working in nonprofit
organizations, academic environments, and/or research centers.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse personalities, and
the wide variety of professional backgrounds and experiences.
- Highly proficient and knowledgeable in the use of current
computer software and tools such as Microsoft Office Word,
PowerPoint, Excel, Google Suite, and Asana.
- Be comfortable with quantitative data and familiarity with
qualitative coding software (e.g., DeDoose). If you don’t have
direct experience with these tools, don’t fret! We also look for an
openness to learn and adapt.
- Demonstrated ability for skillsets such as inquiry and
research, program development, and project management.
- Interface with various vendors (e.g., transcription agencies,
translation companies) that reflect research project budgets and
- Coordinate the intake and workflow of multiple projects.
- Schedule focus groups and other data gathering efforts; assist
- Assist in participant recruitment including but not limited to
providing informed consent documents to research respondents prior
to data collection, sending follow-up emails, and distributing
- Support the Sr. Director of Research & Impact and other
staff with proofreading and updating relevant research templates
(e.g., informed consent forms).
- Assist in preparing and submitting materials for research grant
proposals (e.g., collecting researcher bios, setting up researcher
profiles in grant portals, copyediting research narratives and
supporting materials such as research instruments, etc.).
- Schedule meetings and manage communications with clients,
research partners, focus group/interview participants.
- Ensure that Beloved follows all relevant data management and
security measures (including the destruction of raw files such as
original audio recordings as mandated by funders, clients,
- Help develop and refine systems, policies and procedures as we
grow the research team and capacity.
- Manage and code raw data gathered in focus groups, 1:1
- Generate reports summaries on emergent themes as needed.
- Conduct background and secondary research, and produce
literature reviews on a wide range of topics as necessary.
- Co-design and manage internal evaluations and assessments.
- Serve as a positive and constructively critical thought-partner
with colleagues on various life stages of a research project, from
ideation to implementation and findings dissemination.
- Ideate on various stages of research and contribute to white
papers, research briefs and peer-reviewed journal articles..
- Conduct focus groups and 1:1 interviews with clients and
- Prepare research results for both internal and external
dissemination, as well as for academic, practitioner, and public
- Work closely with our communications team to amplify our
- Proofread various work products (e.g., insights and
recommendations reports, articles for publication) by reviewing
written content to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Doublecheck and format references and appendix materials for
reports, articles, and grant submissions.
- Develop a system to track the citation and circulation of our
various publications (e.g., reports, white papers, book chapters,
academic articles, popular pieces).
- Reach out to universities/colleges, libraries, and other
relevant institutions to ensure our books are readily
- Identify and submit proposals to conferences to increase
visibility of our research.
As a result of the research you support in a myriad of ways
(administratively, operationally), Beloved and industry leaders
across the country will have research findings and insights with
which to advance DEI practices and influence policy advocacy in
public education, healthcare, housing, and workforce development.
Location: Remote with bases in New Orleans and Memphis
Salary: $50k - $70k
Unlimited vacation, flexible work hours, health, dental and
vision benefits, phone stipend
Day in the Life
- 50% Research Administration
- 30% Research Development
- 20% Research Impact