Associate Director of Admissions
- Champlain College
- Vermont, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 1, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Associate Director of Admissions
Located in beautiful Burlington, VT, Champlain College has a strong tradition of infusing innovation with a professionally focused curriculum to produce graduates who excel in some of the fastest growing industries.
We seek a highly motivated and goal-oriented professional to join our team as Associate Director of Admissions. Reporting to the Director of Admissions, this position serves as a member of the management team and assists with the development and implementation of student recruitment strategies and yield plans that support Champlain College's mission and vision. The Associate Director is responsible for managing their recruitment territory and is accountable for individual performance and achievement of enrollment goals as well as contributing to the overall team goals. The ideal candidate will foster a successful and positive team environment and bring a high level of passion and enthusiasm for this important work.
- Work closely with the Director of Admissions to implement policies, procedures and initiatives which support the goals and objectives of the Enrollment Management division and the College
- Provide direction and leadership in the day-to-day operations of the Office of Admission. Contribute to the creation and execution of recruitment plans. Assist in the development and implementation of a personalized communication plan for prospective students through enrollment
- Management of a recruitment territory which includes:
- Relationship building with prospective students through regular personalized communication via telephone, email, text and social media
- Monitor progress toward targets for the territory through use of Salesforce CRM, dashboards, and other data
- Achieve territory enrollment goals and contribute to overall team goals
- Travel extensively off-campus to recruit within a designated territory that includes 15-20 high school visits and 3-5 college fairs per week. Travel periods include approximately 6 weeks of travel in the fall and 3 weeks in the spring
- Review and evaluation of applications for admission
- Serve as primary contact for all applicants and counselors within the assigned territory
- Lead or contribute to recruitment initiatives in areas such as social media, travel planning, campus visit and event planning, tour guide management, application review process management, and Salesforce liaison
- Assist with the planning and implementation of all on-campus recruitment events including Open Houses, Admitted Student Days and Counselor Events
- Deliver presentations and effectively communicate specifics about Champlain College in daily information sessions
- Represent Champlain College at off-campus recruitment events
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in college admissions with progressive responsibilities and results-oriented accomplishments. Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Successful track record leveraging technology in the recruitment process. Ability to utilize Salesforce CRM to communicate with prospective students and manage recruitment territory and team performance
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills. Final candidates will be asked to present to the Admissions team as part of the on-campus interview process
- Organization, high attention to detail and ability to act independently as this position requires a high degree of initiative and independent judgment
- Demonstrated commitment to recruiting students from diverse backgrounds
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Ability to lift, load and transport admissions materials, displays, and other equipment up to 35 pounds
- This position requires work outside of traditional business hours including evenings and weekends throughout the year
The successful completion of a criminal background check is required as a condition of employment.
Champlain College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, religion, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, veteran or military service status, HIV -positive status, qualified disability, or on the basis of any other status protected by law, and does not discriminate in the administration of its education and admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, employment practices or co-curricular and other College-administered programs. Champlain College will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified students, applicants for admission or employment, or employees. Please contact the People Center at 802.651.5800 with questions concerning the hiring process or future employment at Champlain College, or if auxiliary aids or services are needed to apply for employment at Champlain College.
Champlain College is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community. Recognizing that diversity is both a reflection of our world and a source of rich education, Champlain strives to be diverse and inclusive in ways that reflect the world in which we live and work. All members of the Champlain community are valued as individuals.
Application materials must include a resume/CV and a letter of interest (Cover Letter) specifically addressing the desired qualifications. The College seeks candidates who, through their work and life experiences, service to the community, teaching or research can contribute to the diversity, inclusivity and academic excellence of Champlain College. Please include information about how you would contribute to these efforts and help to further this goal in your letter of interest/cover letter.
EU Employee Data Protection Notice:
To apply, visit https://champlain.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=151218&CNTRNO=22&TSTMP=0
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert