- Northeastern University
- Massachusetts, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 1, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
About the Opportunity
As part of the University Decision Support team and reporting to the Director of Institutional Research, the senior analyst will support Northeastern University's strategic key performance indicators (KPIs), Dean's goals and metrics, and Impact Engine metrics. This is a new position within the university, designed to create, implement, and monitor measures to track Northeastern's progress toward its goals. The senior analyst will work with teams around the university as well as the central Provost's office to develop new metrics, data sources, and dashboards to translate data into strategic insight. In particular, the senior analyst will:
- Implement a set of novel KPIs associated with Northeastern's Experience Unleashed academic plan.
- Work with Northeastern's colleges and Deans' to understand their strategies and goals and translate them into measurable and actionable metrics and milestones.
- Collaborate with Impact Engines, interdisciplinary learning and research groups formed around solving a challenge or set of challenges, to help them determine their KPIs and milestones as they work to achieve impact in the world.
- Translate the chosen KPIs into metrics and create dashboards for tracking and insight.
This position requires a combination of big picture thinking, analytical ability, creativity, communication skills, and technical skills.
The responsibilities of this position are:
- Help determine appropriate key performance indicators, metrics, and goals with a strategic yet practical focus while translating broad strategies into concrete and measurable metrics
- Coordinate with the Deputy Provost and the colleges to define college goals and metrics that align with Northeastern's KPIs and strategic priorities
- Work with new Impact Engine leaders to help them determine their key performance indicators and milestones
- Create key performance indicators for Northeastern's research enterprise
- Define and implement data visualization for the key performance indicators for Northeastern's academic plan
- Work with the Senior Associate Director for Analytics to create interesting and clear data visualizations for the above
- Create connections and collaborations across the university to gather difficult-to-find data
- Function as part of the Institutional Research team and assist with IR work as necessary
- Operationalize data acquisition and visualization for KPIs and deans goals
- Draw connections across KPI and metrics projects for data and resources
- Work to create reliable, high-quality and well-understood data for KPIs and metrics, including clear definitions and data lineage
- Attend regular meetings to discuss KPIs and metrics with stakeholders to ensure alignment, awareness, and understanding
- Strategic viewpoint and ability to see the big picture and translate it into measurable data
- Excellent communication skills and ability to form collaborative relationships across Northeastern
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Collaborative outlook
- Ability to present your work to senior leaders with clarity and confidence using non-technical language
- Tableau (Desktop and Prep Builder)
- Knowledge of relational databases/SQL (Snowflake experience preferred)
- Statistical methods
- Qualitative research methods
Education and work experience requirements:
- Master's degree in Statistics, Analytics or other quantitative field
- Minimum of 7 years of work experience, preferably in higher education
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Boston-MA-Main-Campus/Senior-Analyst_R107347
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert