- Northeastern University
- Massachusetts, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 1, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
About the Opportunity
About the Institute:
Do you want to be part of an exciting new Institute focused on the fusion of human and machine intelligence into working AI solutions?
We are launching a pioneering research and innovation hub in AI—one that will shape the way humans and machines collaborate. Led by Dr. Usama Fayyad, the Institute for Experiential AI (IEAI) is built around the challenges and opportunities made possible by human-machine collaboration. The institute provides a framework to design, implement, and scale AI-driven technologies in ways that make a true difference to society. Our ability to respond to the opportunities afforded to society will depend on training and building a workforce that is AI-capable. Located in Northeastern's Roux Institute in Portland, Maine, the institute has the goal to support the growth of the Maine tech economy.
This role collaborates with researchers and data scientists from various fields including Applied Analytics, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Genomics, Health Data Analytics, Law & ethics, Neuroscience and Therapeutics discovery. General research and interpersonal skills are especially valued. We are building a new team together to deliver the true promise of AI, which lies at the intersection of humans and intelligent machines.
Here at the Institute of Experiential AI (IEAI) we are committed to the highest of standards in all that we do. Working at the Institute of Experiential AI offers opportunities, an environment, a culture that just aren't found together anywhere else. This is the right place for you if you're curious, motivated by the future of technology and want to be part of a unique community that works on high-impact business and societal problems
This position supports the Institute in delivering analytics solutions to its industry partners and researchers. You will help build responsibly-built AI products that will solve the most-pressing issues for organizations through consulting engagements across domains and industries. You will be part of a fast-growing team that will develop and maintain a cutting-edge data platform, acquire data sets for research and education purposes and use artificial intelligence tools to support the Institute's mission.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree, preferably in a quantitative field or evidence that you have taken a quantitative approach to projects since your degree. Candidates with some professional experience or a portfolio of applied projects will be preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience working with data tools to derive insights from
- Evidence of working with business stakeholders to define
complex problems into actionable data-driven solutions
- Experience with SQL and experience working with
- A portfolio showcasing projects in which you started with a
business problem and used data analyses to inform a business
- Familiarity with basic statistical principles (e.g.
probability, distributions, hypothesis testing)
- Experience with designing visualizations and/or
- Experience working with scripting languages for analytics such
as Python, R, Julia, etc.
- Master's degree in a quantitative field or a field with an
applied domain area such as energy, financial, product, marketing
or medical sectors
- Experience with data pipelines, data migration, data
- Experience with user-facing tools such as Tableau, RShiny or
other user-interfaces with a strong connection to data analysis and
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP or
- Familiarity with Agile project management practices
- Domain expertise in one of health, financial, energy,
product/marketing or some other business sector
Values & Abilities:
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies, prototype and
propose software design and solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Drive to learn new technologies, statistical methods and data
- Ability to communicate effectively across academia and
- Team-player who can collaborate effectively across many teams
within the university
- Open-minded and assertive when collaborating and working within
our team and with other groups within Northeastern
- Entrepreneurial mind-set with an ability to navigate complex
structures and processes
Data Planning and Analysis
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Boston-MA-Main-Campus/Data-Analyst_R107183
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert