- City Colleges of Chicago
- Illinois, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 1, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Facilities Management & Physical Plant
- Employment Type
- Full Time
JANITOR SUPERVISOR (4:00 AM SHIFT)
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
Malcolm X College is looking for Janitor Supervisor. Janitorial Services provides the cleaning and disinfecting services to maintain well-functioning and safe facilities that is conducive to a quality learning and work environment for all who encounter the Main Campus and West Side Learning Center.
This position is responsible for directing, training, and coordinating the activities of custodial personnel under their jurisdiction.
- Introduce and instruct staff in the preparation, distribution and usage of equipment and materials in order to provide efficient and economical methods of maintaining the college.
- Maintain an inventory of cleaning materials, supplies and equipment and prepare a requisition of items that need replenishing or are in need of repair.
- Prepare daily assignments, schedules and assist in the execution of special and periodic cleaning.
- Keep daily and monthly progress records of each individual and/or team of employees under his/her jurisdiction and review conditions of assigned areas of staff daily.
- Keeps abreast of all construction, repair or maintenance in the college and assign necessary manpower, request additional manpower or request additional or special supplies or equipment if necessary.
- Tour College daily, covering each assigned area to observe staff and determine and assure that instructions are followed, quality and quantity work performance is adequate and safety rules are observed.
- Evaluate, discipline and counsel employees. Keep accurate account of payroll time sheets, attendance records and key distribution.
- Assist in the scheduling of staff vacation, personal days and floating holidays.
- Conduct daily inspections and review results with appropriate staff.
- Enforce the District’s Board rules and policies.
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a high school diploma or the equivalent preferred.
- MUST be available to work from 4:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m .
- Previous experience working at a CCC facility preferred.
- Satisfactorily completed one (1) cycle as a Group Leader and satisfactorily completed four (4) courses in the Housekeeping Certificate Program.
- Ability to train and maintain harmony among employees.
- Ability to conduct and maintain personnel evaluations.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
- Knowledge of all functions of the positions under the position’s jurisdiction.
- Ability to perform the duties of lower-level janitorial staff if necessary.
MXC was recognized for its best-in-class student and staff recruitment and retention practices, inclusive learning and working environments, and meaningful community service and engagement opportunities.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert