- City Colleges of Chicago
- Illinois, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 1, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Professional Fields, Other Professional Fields, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Facilities Management & Physical Plant
- Employment Type
- Full Time
JANITOR (4:00 AM SHIFT)
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
Malcolm X College is currently seeking a Janitor to join the Janitorial Services department. This role is responsible for performing all traditional janitorial work in and around the buildings.
The Janitorial Services department provides cleaning services to maintain a well-functioning and safe facility that is conducive to quality learning and work environment for all who encounter the college.
- Dust all ledges, counter tops, files, office equipment, desk and walls.
- Dust mop all hard surfaces.
- Spot cleaning or complete washing of all walls, files, desk tops, office glass, partitions, doors, chairs, blackboards, mirrors, waste baskets and garbage cans, office machines and ash trays.
- Thorough cleaning of all bathroom fixtures and partitions.
- Polishing furniture.
- Metal polishing.
- Hosing and sweeping of sidewalks.
- Trash removal.
- Dismantling and cleaning of light fixtures.
- Operation of vacuum cleaners.
- Cleaning of Venetian blinds (washing & vacuuming).
- Policing of facility and grounds (inside & outside).
- Washing of exterior walls.
- Scraping of gum and other objects form hard surfaces and carpet.
- Spot cleaning furniture or carpet, but not more than 2 hours per day.
- Setting up and /or take down of chairs and tables.
- Wet mopping or spot mopping public corridors, washrooms, classrooms and any hard surfaces.
- Operation of compactors and /or balers.
- Maintenance of outside ground (raking, grass cutting, watering, garbage, etc.).
- Completion of a high school diploma or the equivalent preferred.
- Preference will be given to current temporary janitors at City Colleges of Chicago.
- Must be able to able to work from 4:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Must be able to perform all duties listed above.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert