Accounting Manager for Grants and Compliance
- Flagler College
- Florida, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 1, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Other Business & Administrative Affairs, Financial Affairs, Grants & Contracts, Legal Affairs, Student Affairs, Financial Aid
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Lead all aspects of financial compliance and expenditures of grants received by the college. Develops and maintains all financial reports required by funding agencies. Supports programmatic reporting for grants compliance requirements.
- Inputs and maintains all grant documentation and budgets within the ERP system.
- Assists the Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations with grant applications and budget evaluation; reviews and approves all budgets submitted for external grants.
- Meets regularly with grant project directors to ensure timely financial reporting and monitor donor and governmental compliance for awarded grants.
- Analyzes grant expenditures for accuracy and ensures expenditures are permissible under state and federal regulation and that grant funds are available for payment; reviews all requisitions prior to payment.
- Prepares fiscal reports monthly, quarterly and annually for submission to grant funding agencies.
- Assists with grant audit procedures as required by state and federal laws and as required by the funding agencies.
- Maintains working knowledge of financial guidelines and regulations for state, federal, and foundation grants.
- Tax Compliance, including preparation of 990 and other returns, for all entities
- All other tax compliance reporting (1099s, etc.)
- Other regulatory compliance filings, as required (HEERF, HEFFA-B Bonds, etc.) Ensure all financial statements and other documents are filed with all appropriate entities.
- Other general accounting functions, as needed (to be developed)
- Bachelors degree in Accounting.
- Masters degree is preferred.
- Three to five years of grants management, program management, tax compliance and/or related business experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of budget procedures and grants management, including modifications, transfers, programmatic and fiscal reports. An understanding of state and federal grant regulations is desired.
- Demonstrated ability to manage fiscal resources strong oral and written communications skills, and excellent organizational skills are required.
Flagler College provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristic. In addition to federal law requirements, Flagler College complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the College has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Inquiries regarding discrimination on the basis of sex and gender may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, to the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights at the United States Department of Education Office for Civil Rights (OCR), or both. Contact information for the above referenced Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the Colleges Sexual Harassment Policy can be found here: www.flagler.edu/title-ix .
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert