Finance Center Specialist
- Dartmouth College
- New Hampshire, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 1, 2023
Open Until Filled
Finance Center Specialist
Department this Position Reports to
Admin Finance Center
Hiring Range Minimum
Hiring Range Maximum
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time
Scheduled Months per Year
Scheduled Hours per Week
Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Location of Position
Hanover NH 03755
7 Lebanon Street, 302
Remote Work Eligibility?
Is this a term position?
If yes, length of term in months.
Is this a grant funded position?
The Finance Center Specialist works in collaboration with the Finance Center team to accurately process financial transactions and to provide outstanding customer service to the Dartmouth community, with emphasis on timeliness.
Position’s main focus is on Payroll/HR transaction types
Required Qualifications - Education and Yrs Exp
High School plus 1-2 year(s) of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Qualifications - Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate to all customers and staff with strong customer service and listening skills.
- Able to work under pressure of time constraints and ability to multi-task.
- Projects a professional image and use proper telephone and email etiquette.
- Excellent data entry skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Suite, the Internet and email.
- Excellent keyboarding/typing skills.
- Possesses basic math skills (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, percentages).
- Adaptable to change.
- Ability to navigate document management and financial systems.
- Strong commitment to a diverse working environment and to serving the needs of a large and diverse community.
- Team/collaborative approach customer service experience preferred.
- Experience with data entry, Dartmouth College financial systems, and the Microsoft Suite is preferred.
- Additional training in customer service helpful.
Department Contact for Cover Letter and Title
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Is driving a vehicle (e.g. Dartmouth vehicle or off road vehicle, rental car, personal car) an essential function of this job?
Not an essential function
Special Instructions to Applicants
All Dartmouth College employees, whether working on-site or remotely, are required to be up to date with vaccination against COVID -19 (or to have received an approved exemption from vaccination through the Office of Institutional Diversity and Equity). Please visit https://dartgo.org/vaxpolicy for details. Compliance with this requirement is a condition of employment. Failure to meet this condition of employment within the first 30 days may result in Dartmouth in its sole discretion ending employment.
Dartmouth College has a Tobacco-Free Policy. Smoking and the use of tobacco-based products (including smokeless tobacco) are prohibited in all facilities, grounds, vehicles or other areas owned, operated or occupied by Dartmouth College with no exceptions. For details, please see our policy. https://policies.dartmouth.edu/policy/tobacco-free-policy
- Delivers services according to standards and procedures established by management.
- Accurately identifies and handles customer issues based upon telephone, electronic, or in person interviews and executes effective method for resolution.
- Understands relevant Dartmouth College policies and provides policy interpretation.
- Delivers exceptional customer service, ensures responsiveness and accuracy.
- Utilizes multiple systems to obtain and record information.
- Analyzes customer issues and proactively escalates critical or expertise specific issues to Manager.
- Assumes ownership of initial inquiry until issue is dispatched to another staff member for resolution.
- Executes follow up as necessary, or as directed by Manager, to assure timely response.
- Identifies and raises technical issues to Manager.
- Ensures compliance with Dartmouth College policies and advises department members with respect to those policies.
- Responsible for the accurate review, interpretation, data entry of requests into the financial management systems.
- Collaborates with Manager and team to standardize and improve processes.
- As directed by the Manager and using established procedures, performs testing for scheduled upgrades or changes to reports, screens, etc.
- Participates in customer service training.
- Cross trains with other team members to assure adequate coverage, accurate and consistent information and timeliness.
- Attends functional workshops, training in order to remain/become proficient in necessary systems standards.
- Attends personal development training workshops.
- May perform special projects or other duties as assigned.
Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Talent Acquisition Consultant
- American Library Association
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Dartmouth College Employment Website
- Internal Employee Referral (Please specify full name below)
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed Jobs
- National Black MBA Association
- Recruit Military
- Valley News
- Other (Please specify below)
- If you answered, 'Internal Employee Referral' or 'Other' to the
above question, please specify here:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert