ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF ALUMNI AFFAIRS
- The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art
- New York City, New York
- 78,000 - 80,000
- Posted Date
- Feb 1, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Alumni Affairs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Office of Alumni Affairs and Development is seeking a collaborative and goal-oriented team player who can creatively connect with, engage, and fundraise from alumni and other friends of The Cooper Union, a leading college in art, architecture, and engineering undergraduate education. While The Cooper Union is small, it has played an important role through its graduates’ impact on New York City and the world as well as through its well-respected community outreach programs and its illustrious Great Hall. It is an exciting time to be at Cooper as it continues to move the needle on returning to full-tuition scholarships for all undergraduate students. The Office of Alumni Affairs and Development plays a key role in this effort and is looking for a strong candidate to join its dynamic team to engage its alumni resulting in increased participation and giving.
Salary range is $78K-80K.
• Initiate, plan, manage, promote, track, and evaluate programs and events, locally and nationally that are designed to engage alumni, advance the mission of The Cooper Union, and keep alumni connected to the college and to each other.
• Achieve engagement and fundraising goals as set in consultation with the Deputy Director and the Vice President of Alumni Affairs and Development
• Manage current and initiate new targeted affinity groups. Current groups include Cooper on Wall Street, Law, Tech. Future groups to include parents.
• Recruit volunteers (e.g. class anchors, regional ambassadors, affinity group leaders) to collaborate to increase the department’s capacity to fundraise and engage Cooper’s alumni community.
• Manage and promote annual signature events - Cooper Together and Reunion.
• Support engagement and fundraising growth from alumni by directly participating in phone, email and in-person cultivation and solicitation.
• Utilize department’s email delivery system and alumni website/portal to promote events and programs and to grow alumni participation.
• Manage and promote alumni on-line resources such as the Alumni Portal and Class Notes.
• Collaborate with IT in enhancing the department’s CRM as it relates to engagement needs.
• Collaborate with Admissions, Career Services, the schools to implement engagement, volunteer, and fundraising opportunities.
• Create and facilitate engagement opportunities between students and alumni.
• Liaise with Cooper Union Alumni Association (CUAA) and help promote its events and programs that supplement Cooper Union’s fundraising and engagement efforts.
• Manage other alumni affairs work as instructed by the Deputy Director and Vice President of Alumni Affairs and Development.
• Participate in other departmental initiatives as required
• Experience managing alumni programs and events.
• Superior organizational, collaborative, interpersonal and communications skills, including a proven ability to interact with donors, board members, other colleagues, and department personnel.
• Ability to be detail-oriented with high accuracy.
• Ability to take initiative, work independently, prioritize work, manage time, and effectively manage multiple projects.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Good typing and proofreading skills
• Good with numbers and detail-oriented
• Sound judgment and discretion
• Strong team player
• Reliable and punctual
• Computer proficiency in CRMs, digital marketing systems, and Microsoft Office as well as ability to quickly learn new systems
• Knowledge of social media and online community management preferred.
• Ability to work both in-person and remotely (hybrid work situation)
• Availability evenings and weekends.
• Writing samples will be requested
This is a unionized position.
The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF ALUMNI AFFAIRS
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert