Full-Time Tenure Track Counselling Psychology Faculty Position
- Trinity Western University
- Canada (CA)
- Posted Date
- Feb 1, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Social & Behavioral Sciences, Psychology, Administrative, Student Affairs, Counseling
- Employment Level
- Tenured/Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Department of Counselling Psychology in Trinity Western University’s School of Graduate Studies invites applications for a full-time [tenure-track] faculty position beginning August 16, 2023. Professional specializations, research interests, and level of academic rank are open. The ideal candidate will have an established program of scholarly research, have taught graduate students, and offered well-regarded clinical services in diverse settings. Preference will be given to applicants with interests and experience in one or more of the following areas: mentoring women professionals and scholars, international student development, qualitative and quantitative research methods, child and youth counselling, psychopathology, or testing and assessment. Applicants should normally be registered psychologists or eligible for registration in British Columbia. Rank is open to match the qualifications of candidates. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to supervise MA theses and consult in the diverse agency settings of the lower mainland of British Columbia. The MA Program in Counselling Psychology at Trinity Western University is accredited with the Council on Accreditation of Counsellor Education Programs, offering both thesis and non-thesis programs of study to a wide diversity of students. Graduates of the program successfully enter professional practice in psychology and counselling, and many go on to doctoral study in psychology, counsellor education, and related fields. More information about Trinity Western’s School of Graduate Studies can be found at https://www.twu.ca/academics/school-graduate-studies.
Trinity Western University is Canada’s premier Christian University of the arts, sciences, and professions. Recognized for quality, TWU is consistently ranked among the top two universities in Canada for Educational Experience by the National Survey of Student Engagement; holds four Canada Research Chairs; wins National Championships in U Sports; and emphasizes experiential learning to prepare graduates to make a global impact. TWU has been developing leaders of character and competence for more than 50 years. Interested candidates are asked to carefully review the TWU Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, and Community Covenant (available at https://www.twu.ca/about-us/commitments). Successful candidates must be willing to support these statements during their employment at TWU.
All prospective faculty are required to submit the following as part of their online application:
- a cover letter;
- a curriculum vitae;
- verification of doctoral (or terminal) degree;
- signed Statement of Faith and Community Covenant;
- and a document (no more than two pages) which describes how you anticipate your Christian faith would influence your teaching and scholarship if you were a faculty member at TWU.
Please complete the online application available at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=5fc58ca0-c392-450c-83fe-7fa1cbfbf700&ccId=2465155412_6591&type=MP&lang=en_CA&selectedMenuKey=CareerCenter; only complete applications will be considered. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found.
Trinity Western University encourages applications from all eligible candidates who are able to commit to the university’s mission, values, and Christian identity as articulated in its Statement of Faith and Community Covenant. We are committed to an ethic of inclusion and to the equal treatment of all persons without discrimination in accordance with human rights law. We particularly invite applications from indigenous people, women, persons with disabilities, and visible minorities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations during the application process should contact Isabel Lopez (Isabel.Lopez@twu.ca) in the Human Resources Department.
Benefits Of Working At TWU:
- A comprehensive benefits package which includes extended health, dental, and insurance and an RRSP matching program.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Tuition Benefit for TWU undergraduate and graduate level courses to enhance knowledge and professional competency.
- Torch tuition scholarship for dependents of eligible employees attending TWU.
- Free access to TWU’s fitness/gym facilities and the Norma Marion Alloway Library.
- Discounts and perks for the on-site Trinity Western Outfitters bookstore and cafeterias, as well as shops and restaurants in Fort Langley.
- Wellness benefits (i.e., counselling, sick days, personal days, and reimbursement for annual wellness/recreation related purchases).
- Free recreational equipment rentals (e.g., paddle boards, snowshoes, kayaks, etc.).
- Free employee parking on campus.
- Special community events throughout the year.
- A positive Christian fellowship environment
Trinity Western University is located on the traditional ancestral territory of the Sto:lo people
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert