Full-Time Tenure Track Psychology Faculty Position
- Trinity Western University
- Canada (CA)
- Posted Date
- Feb 1, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Social & Behavioral Sciences, Psychology
- Employment Level
- Tenured/Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Department of Psychology in Trinity Western University’s Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences is now accepting applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor in Developmental Psychology. The position begins August 16, 2023. Our ideal candidate will have demonstrated competence in teaching. They will be required to teach undergraduate courses in developmental psychology, including infant/child psychology, adolescence, and adulthood and aging, as well as those in their area of research specialization. An interest and aptitude for teaching advanced undergraduate statistics would also be highly valued. In addition to teaching, our ideal candidate will also have the demonstrated ability to develop an active research program in their field. As part of this, they will be expected to mentor and advise undergraduate students, supervise undergraduate student research projects, and establish collaborative research relationships with local community organizations. Active participation in department and university service is also required. Applicants must have completed (or be close to completing) their PhD in Psychology or Clinical Psychology. More information about Trinity Western’s Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences can be found at https://www.twu.ca/academics/faculty-humanities-social-sciences
Trinity Western University is Canada’s premier Christian University of the arts, sciences, and professions. Recognized for quality, TWU is consistently ranked among the top two universities in Canada for Educational Experience by the National Survey of Student Engagement; holds four Canada Research Chairs; wins National Championships in U Sports; and emphasizes experiential learning to prepare graduates to make a global impact. TWU has been developing leaders of character and competence for more than 50 years. Interested candidates are asked to carefully review the TWU Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, and Community Covenant (available at https://www.twu.ca/about-us/commitments). Successful candidates must be willing to support these statements during their employment at TWU.
All prospective faculty are required to submit the following as part of their online application:
- a cover letter;
- a curriculum vitae;
- verification of doctoral (or terminal) degree;
- signed Statement of Faith and Community Covenant;
- and a document (no more than two pages) which describes how you anticipate your Christian faith would influence your teaching and scholarship if you were a faculty member at TWU.
Please complete the online application available at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=5fc58ca0-c392-450c-83fe-7fa1cbfbf700&ccId=2465155412_6591&type=MP&lang=en_CA&selectedMenuKey=CareerCenter; only complete applications will be considered. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found.
Trinity Western University encourages applications from all eligible candidates who are able to commit to the university’s mission, values, and Christian identity as articulated in its Statement of Faith and Community Covenant. We are committed to an ethic of inclusion and to the equal treatment of all persons without discrimination in accordance with human rights law. We particularly invite applications from indigenous people, women, persons with disabilities, and visible minorities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations during the application process should contact Isabel Lopez (Isabel.Lopez@twu.ca) in the Human Resources Department.
Benefits Of Working At TWU:
- A comprehensive benefits package which includes extended health, dental, and insurance and an RRSP matching program.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Tuition Benefit for TWU undergraduate and graduate level courses to enhance knowledge and professional competency.
- Torch tuition scholarship for dependents of eligible employees attending TWU.
- Free access to TWU’s fitness/gym facilities and the Norma Marion Alloway Library.
- Discounts and perks for the on-site Trinity Western Outfitters bookstore and cafeterias, as well as shops and restaurants in Fort Langley.
- Wellness benefits (i.e., counselling, sick days, personal days, and reimbursement for annual wellness/recreation related purchases).
- Free recreational equipment rentals (e.g., paddle boards, snowshoes, kayaks, etc.).
- Free employee parking on campus.
- Special community events throughout the year.
- A positive Christian fellowship environment.
Trinity Western University is located on the traditional ancestral territory of the Sto:lo people.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert