Associate Director of Financial Aid
- Arkansas State University Beebe
- Beebe, Arkansas
- $42,000 per year plus benefits
- Posted Date
- Feb 1, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Financial Aid
- Employment Type
- Full Time
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Associate Director is a member of the management team and assists with the overall administration of the entire financial aid program.
Provides training, direction and supervision to the financial aid staff on all campus locations to ensure effective, accurate & efficient delivery of services to students. Assists in monitoring compliance with federal, state & institutional polices & procedures and assess these areas for continual quality improvement. Addresses unresolved student issues in a professional and caring manner at all times.
Assists the Director in the development of polices to ensure compliance with state, federal and institutional regulations. Helps develop, implement, evaluate & maintain department policies and procedures. Resolves problems and issues affecting the department and recommend measures to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the department. Develops and manages R2T4 withdrawal reports and notifications to the students. Acts in the absence of the Director. Perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist with managing Banner migration.
2. Package Financial Aid.
3. Process R2T4s and return funds.
4. Supervise front office staff.
5. Reviews Banner Financial Aid reports. Resolves any errors.
6. Oversee and update WebX software.
7. Reconcile Pell, Loans and balance FISAP.
8. Determine and process dependency over-rides, homeless classification, and non-citizen status eligibility.
9. Make presentations on Financial Aid: Freshman Seminar Classes, Area High Schools, Orientation sessions and other recruitment events.
10. Supervise, train, and monitor staff to meet ongoing policies and regulatory standards.
Required Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree. At least three years closely related work experience in Financial Aid, Higher Education or Finance related field. At least 12 months of direct supervisory experience.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert