- University of Guam
- Competitive Salary
- Posted Date
- Feb 1, 2023
- Position Type
- Executive, Chancellors & Presidents, Other Executive
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The University of Guam (UOG) is seeking applications for its 12th President.
The next president will be an accomplished, innovative leader who will build upon the Para Hulo’ strategic plan and will implement a progressive and evolving strategy for excellence and growth. The president reports to the UOG Board of Regents consisting of nine community members, including a student regent. The best candidate will possess the experience, skills, and drive required to shape the future of UOG, while exemplifying the character and ethics expected in a highly visible and trusted university and community leader.
Founded in 1952 and located in the Western Pacific, UOG exists to serve its learners and the communities of Guam and all of Micronesia. UOG is a U.S. Land Grant and Sea Grant Institution accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges Senior College and University Commission.
UOG has become a leading public university named a Best College for Social Mobility by U.S. News and World Report and one of the Best Colleges in the Western Region for the last three years. UOG offers 25 undergraduate programs, 16 graduate programs, and 14 certificate programs in two colleges, four schools, nine research units, and four extension and outreach organizations.
With over 19,000 alumni and now in its 71st year, the University of Guam plays a vital role in developing the professional workforce of Guam and all of Micronesia.
Duties and Responsibilities
The President of UOG is the executive head of the of the University and shall be responsible for the administration of the academic, business and services activities thereof. The President of the University serves as Executive Secretary of the Board of Regents. The President will ensure that the success of current strategic initiatives is achieved. The President will lead by example, listening and learning from colleagues and the community, personally setting the tone for discourse and will be an effective steward of natural, human, and financial resources. The President will be a champion of academic rigor, innovative scholarship, effective teaching, and successful fundraising.
- Possess a terminal degree from a recognized institution of learning.
- Five (5) years of experience in senior academic leadership at or above the level of dean or director or comparable professional executive experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of the people of Guam and the rest of Micronesia and demonstrated experience in working with islands or geographically isolated communities.
- Training and experience in research, teaching, or the administration of higher education or similar discipline.
- Evidence of distinguished teaching, scholarship, community engagement, research, publication, and/or professional excellence and achievement, nationally and/or internationally.
To download the President Executive Position Profile and to submit an application, visit: www.uog.edu/presidential-search.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, MARCH 17, 2023 AT 5 P.M. (ChST).
To ensure full consideration, you will also be required to submit:
- Cover letter indicating interest in the position and how applicant satisfies the minimum qualifications and qualities/characteristics sections of this profile.
- Current resume/curriculum vitae.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (671) 735-2350 between 8am to 5pm, ChST (GMT +10:00).
The University of Guam is a U.S. Land Grant and Sea Grant Institution accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission. UOG is an equal opportunity provider and employer committed to diversity, equity and inclusion through island wisdom values of Inadahi yan Inagofli’e: respect, compassion, and community.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert