Senior Human Resources Specialist
- San Joaquin Delta College
- California, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 1, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration, Business & Administrative Affairs, Human Resources Administration
- Employment Type
- Full Time
To lead, oversee and participate in the more advanced-level technical and administrative human resource support functions including recruitment, applicant tracking, payroll administration, new employee orientation, research and providing information to staff and the public regarding hiring and recruitment policies and procedures, and labor agreements maintain a variety of confidential and sensitive personnel records and files; perform related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general supervision from the Director of Human Resources. Incumbents are expected to independently perform job assignments using detailed knowledge of recruiting, District policies, procedures, practices and labor agreements.
Exercises technical and functional oversight over assigned Human Resources staff. May oversee student workers.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- In consultation with the hiring manager, develops and implements recruitment plans for all classified, faculty and management vacancies at the College; establishes deadlines for applications; prepares related online postings, position sourcing, job advertisements and other documentation; screens applications and reviews transcripts for minimum qualifications; schedules recruitment committee meetings and administers examinations to qualified applicants as appropriate.
- Principles and practices of human resource management.
- Collective bargaining unit contracts.
- Basic principles and practices of recruitment, orientation and related personnel functions.
- Methods and techniques of research and basic report preparation.
- Standard English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation and ability to compose and use professional communication.
- Standard office procedures and equipment; computer proficiency and technical aptitude utilizing MS Office Suite, Enterprise Human Resource management systems, the internet, etc.
- Pertinent Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Participate in recruitment, orientation and related personnel functions.
- Lead, organize, and review the work of staff.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Organize and schedule work to maximize efficiency.
- Maintain confidentiality of work performed.
- Prepare a variety of correspondence and documentation.
- Maintain a variety of confidential files and records.
- Analyze data to produce reports.
- Review and adhere to bargaining unit contracts.
- Interpret and explain District hiring policies and procedures.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, linguistic, and ethnic backgrounds, and disabilities of community college students and staff as demonstrated by skills and abilities in cultural responsiveness and cultural humility.
- Train district staff in recruitment, selection, onboarding, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) compliance and other mandated training.
Associate degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university with major course work in business, human resources or a related field.
Four (4) years’ experience performing duties directly related to human resources, with two (2) years of recruiting experience required, and at least one (1) year of lead experience.
Board Approved 8/18/2020
CCRC revised 5/25/2022
CSEA Salary Schedule Range 30
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert