Assistant Director- Veterans Services - (STA011659)
- University of Houston
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 1, 2023
Manages the day-to-day operations of a large university program or department, including the supervision of staff employees, student workers, programs or processes.Job Duties
- Plans and develops procedures for administering a large or complex department or program.
- Manages fiscal activities, including procurement and budget analysis.
- Provides guidance to subordinate staff and evaluates performance.
- Prepares abstracts, research reports, funding proposals, operations and procedure manuals, and other written material and documentation.
- Creates and reviews reports of expenditures and activities.
- May administer grants and grant-related related communications, scholarships and other operations.
- Develops, implements and maintains appropriate policies and procedures.
- May serve as property custodian for the department.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Posting Information:
1. Administers one or more aspects of the University of Houston Veteran Services Center.
2. Assists with the management of fiscal activities, which may include procurement and budget planning.
3. Provides Training and guidance to subordinate staff.
4. Serves as an Advocate for UH Military-Connected Students across campus.
5. Assist in the successful transition for military-connected students from military to an academic environment.
6. Collaborate with UH stakeholders to provide access and referral to campus services to enhance military connected student success. . These services include, but are not limited to; admissions, orientation, registration, financial aid, benefits, academic advising, learning support services, student health, personal or psychological counseling, career advising, disability services, Army and Air Force ROTC, and any other service that provide support to veterans on campus and in the Houston Community.
7. Maintain knowledge of federal and state legislation, rules, polices, and procedures pertaining to veteran student benefits and provide training in collaboration with the UH certifying officials to ensure compliance with all federal and state rules and regulations governing veteran student benefits; including Hazelwood benefits.
8. Develop and maintain the University’s relationship with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and other veteran’s service agencies.
9. Collaborate with the Office of Admissions to develop veteran’s outreach and recruitment efforts.
10. Participate in assessment activities as to identify military connected student needs and measure success.
11. Oversee Student Success Programs to provide support to at risk students
Bachelors and 1 year experience
Education: Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Experience: Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience. Certification/Licensing: None.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert