Adjunct Faculty- Psychology
- Lasell University
- Massachusetts, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 31, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Instructional Technology & Design (Campus)
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Adjunct Faculty- Psychology
The Social Sciences/Psychology Program in the School of Humanities, Education, Justice & Social Sciences at Lasell University is seeking multiple part-time instructors for the following classes:
PSYC328 Cognitive Processes
PSYC335 Research Methods in Psychology
Course descriptions can be found HERE
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide instruction for all sessions of assigned courses utilizing the college philosophy of connected learning.
- Provide a syllabus and course outline to students that clearly communicates course learning outcomes.
- Align some course assignments with departmental and college core curriculum goals learning goals and provide student work samples for college assessment purposes (sample assignments available)
- Maintain office hours each week and timely communications with students via email and phone
- Incorporate Canvas (online learning platform) into the course.
- Keep accurate records of student progress (grades) and complete mid-semester and final grade reports.
A willingness to incorporate the college's Connected Learning Philosophy into the course as well as a master's degree in a related field are required (doctoral degree preferred). Career-relevant experience such as research and/or statistics is a plus. Some of these courses are part of our general education core curriculum in addition to major requirements; thus, the successful candidate will have experience teaching students from a variety of majors and be willing to collaborate with other instructors on core curriculum and major-specific learning goals. Familiarity with Canvas or other learning management systems a plus.
Interested candidates should upload a letter of interest, resume and the information of three (3) references using the forms below. Review of resumes will begin immediately, and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Lasell University requires all employees to be vaccinated and to provide the documentation upon the start of employment. Lasell also provides individuals the opportunity to request a medical or religious exemption.
Lasell University is committed to equal opportunity in every aspect of hiring and employment. Lasell proactively reviews its policies and practices to assure that decisions with respect to every dimension of employment are made without regard to age, color of skin, disability, gender expression and identity, genetic predisposition, marital status, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, status as a victim of domestic violence, and all other protected groups and classes under Federal and State Laws and executive orders.
To apply, visit https://www.lasell.edu/discover-lasell/employment/faculty-positions/adjunct-faculty--psychology.html
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert