Travel Specialist, Senior
- Northern Arizona University
- Arizona, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 31, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Human Resources Administration
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Travel Specialist, Senior
Location: Finance Service Team
Job ID: 606984
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
NAU aims to be the nation's preeminent engine of opportunity, vehicle of economic mobility, and driver of social impact by delivering equitable postsecondary value in Arizona and beyond.
This position is posted as Travel Specialist, Senior, which is a working title. The NAU system title for this position is Financial Administration Specialist, Senior.
Northern Arizona's Reimbursement Processing Support Department is seeking to hire three (3) Travel Specialist, Senior positions to join their team and grow their career at Northern Arizona University. This position assists internal university service recipients by booking travel and processing travel-related transactions to ensure compliance with standard university procedures and guidelines.
Job Functions and Duties
Data and Case Management - 70%
- Utilizes the university's digital workflow management system, the Employee Service Center (ServiceNow), to manage financial and finance-related transactional work assigned to them, including but not limited to: verification of appropriate case type, all required approvals have been received, compliance with policy and processes, funding information and all transaction specific information and forms are present and complete, communications between service recipient departments and the Reimbursement Processing Support department
- Initiates and completes Travel Specialist functions for assigned travelers, including but not limited to booking travel - conference & event registration, coordinating transportation needs, lodging accommodations, etc.
- Initiates and/or maintains travel related forms and documentation for processing travel advances and reimbursements, etc.
Financial Processing - 20%
- Utilizes a university purchasing card to make travel related purchases on behalf of service recipient departments, as well as being responsible for completing timely reconciliation of purchases.
- Utilizes university financial systems to execute expense reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Completes expense reimbursement related forms on behalf of service recipients specific to Check Request forms.
- Initiates Zelle payments for non-employee service recipients, for both travel and non-travel related expenses upon request.
Training - 5%
- Assists in training internal employees, via job shadowing, on business processes and policies.
- Acts as a primary point of contact for assigned service recipient units seeking day-to-day financial administration support.
- Provides policy guidance and clarification to service recipient units as well as other team members.
Other duties as assigned - 5%
- High school degree or equivalent AND
- 1-3 years of accounting or financial clerical experience, OR
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and/or training.
- Associate degree in accounting, finance, or related field or equivalent.
- Experience in processing financial transactions and/or arranging travel.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Experience maintaining basic financial and recordkeeping ledgers and documents.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Data entry.
- Adaptable to frequent change.
- Interpret financial reports and statements to identify trends or issues.
- Work collaboratively within a cross-functional team.
- Communicate effectively; in-person, email and by phone.
- Listen actively.
- Ability to process detailed information.
- Balance competing priorities.
- Work with highly confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Promote a diverse, inclusive environment.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting. If you are applying for a job that requires a CDL, you will be required to register with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and adhere to the clearinghouse requirements. Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States. Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the Fire Safety Report is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Anticipated salary range is $43,200 - $45,101. Annual salary commensurate with candidate's qualifications and related experience.
This position is non-exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). The incumbent is eligible for overtime pay or compensatory time according to University policy. Further, the employee must submit timesheets that accurately reflect all hours worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU. NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus. Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
Open until futher notice.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please contact the Disability Resources Office at 928-523-8773, DR@nau.edu, or PO Box 5633, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
Know Your Rights Poster
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://hr.peoplesoft.nau.edu/psp/ph92prta/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=606984&PostingSeq=1
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert