Technical Training Analyst, Intermediate
- Northern Arizona University
- Arizona, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 31, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Human Resources Administration
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Technical Training Analyst, Intermediate
Location: Education Technology Consortm
Job ID: 606986
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
NAU aims to be the nation's preeminent engine of opportunity, vehicle of economic mobility, and driver of social impact by delivering equitable postsecondary value in Arizona and beyond.
This position is a hybrid position which allows the incumbent to complete their work at both an NAU site, campus, or facility and at a non-centralized site with or without accommodation.
The Education Technology Consortium provides software support and technical services to school districts and charter schools (K-12) around the state of Arizona. This position specifically provides training and support for the Synergy Student Information System used in ETC member schools to handle student demographics, attendance, grading, scheduling, required state and federal reporting, teacher gradebooks, and assessments.
Software Support - 60%
- Provide technical software support to schools throughout Arizona. Supported systems are the Edupoint Synergy product suite including the base product, teacher grade book, assessments, MTSS, online registration and mobile applications. Additionally, the department utilizes and maintains internally developed systems
- Support users with all areas of the software, including enrollment, scheduling, attendance, grading, grade books, course history, test tracking, security and state reporting. Emphasis will be on areas related directly to supporting scheduling and mass scheduling including school calendars, meeting days, period rotations and bell schedules.
- Troubleshoot issues and identify areas where training or software changes are needed to assist clients with time saving and/or better utilization of the software.
Training - 25%
- Provide technical software training to schools throughout Arizona. Emphasis will be on areas related directly to training counselors, administration, staff responsible for scheduling, and staff participating in student interventions.
- Develop training and documentation materials, including quick guides, training guides and recorded webinars.
- Provide onsite and web-based training for users on systems.
- Requires teaching and training experience.
Software Management - 5%
- In addition to user support, the position shares responsibility for testing software releases, new installations, maintenance, and cyclical processes including new year setup, rollovers, grading processes, etc.
- Work with vendors to develop solutions and creative workarounds to software bugs. On behalf of the user, prepare enhancement requests and bug reports. Track progress with vendor once submitted.
Data Anaylsis - 5%
- Extract data from systems for analysis and reporting. Strong data management skills, particularly with Excel, is required to ensure data integrity.
Other Duties - 5%
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- On-call duties may be required for this position.
- Associates or bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Experience with Synergy Scheduling and Mass Scheduling.
- Understanding of meeting days, period rotations and bell schedules.
- Experience training small to medium sized groups of users.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent telephone and personal communication skills.
- Ability to provide quality service to meet customer expectations and maintain internal and external customer relations.
- Ability to work with clients of varied cultural backgrounds.
- Customer service experience.
- Teaching or training experience.
- Comfortable with MS Word and MS Excel.
- Understanding of relational databases and complex data structures.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting. If you are applying for a job that requires a CDL, you will be required to register with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and adhere to the clearinghouse requirements. Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States. Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the Fire Safety Report is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Salary range begins at $54,779. Annual salary commensurate with candidate's qualifications and related experience.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU. NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus. Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
March 1, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please contact the Disability Resources Office at 928-523-8773, DR@nau.edu, or PO Box 5633, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
Know Your Rights Poster
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://hr.peoplesoft.nau.edu/psp/ph92prta/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=606986&PostingSeq=1
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert