Preventative Health Administrative Service Assistant, Senior
- Northern Arizona University
- Arizona, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 31, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Health & Medicine, Other Health & Medicine
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Preventative Health Administrative Service Assistant, Senior
Location: Employee Assistance Wellness
Job ID: 606993
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
NAU aims to be the nation's preeminent engine of opportunity, vehicle of economic mobility, and driver of social impact by delivering equitable postsecondary value in Arizona and beyond.
This position is posted as Preventative Health Administrative Services Assistant, Senior, which is a working title. The NAU system title for this position is Administrative Services Assistant, Senior.
This position is a hybrid position which allows the incumbent to complete their work at both an NAU site, campus, or facility and at a non-centralized site with or without accommodation.
Performs a variety of advanced office/administrative support duties related to the Office of Employee Assistance and Wellness, which require a thorough knowledge of functions within the department. Uses specialized functional knowledge to analyze and respond to administrative matters within established limits to ensure that the department's needs are being met and that University procedures and policies are being followed. Performs a variety of job duties that contribute to the patient experience in EAW related to preventive health/mental health care. Provides preventive health/mental health support and assists with the oversight of EAW-related preventive health/mental health needs.
Coordinating - 60%
- Coordinates and performs a range of staff and/or operational support activities for the unit; serves as a liaison with other departments and operating units in the resolution of day-to-day administrative and operational problems.
- Provides administrative/secretarial support for the department/division such as answering telephones and scheduling appointments for clients, assisting visitors/clients/participants, responds to emails from patients and other stakeholders, and resolving and/or referring a range of administrative problems and inquiries.
- Sorts, screens, reviews, and distributes incoming and outgoing mail; composes, prepares, or ensures timely responses to a variety of routine written inquiries.
- Complies with HIPAA/FERPA regulations; demonstrates confidentiality, sensitivity, and concern during all patient interactions.
- Operates personal computer to compose and edit correspondence and/or memoranda; may prepare, transcribe, compose, type, edit, and distribute agendas and/or minutes of meetings.
- Schedules and coordinates classes, meetings, events, interviews, appointments, and/or other similar activities for supervisor and clinical staff, which may include coordinating travel and lodging arrangements.
- Manages and tracks key tasks and workloads across the unit/department.
- Serves as a liaison for patients and other providers across and within the department.
Management of Files, Database, Records, and Inventory - 15%
- Prepares or assists with the preparation of scheduled and/or ad hoc statistical and narrative reports; performs basic information gathering and analysis and/or forecasting and/or budgeting, as specifically directed.
- Coordinates inventory maintenance and places orders for materials.
- Establishes, maintains, and updates files, databases, records, and/or other documents (both paper and in our Electronic Health Record, Point n Click); develops and maintains data, and performs routine analyses and calculations in the processing of data for recurring internal reports.
Wellness Programming and Resources - 15%
- Assists in the oversight of assigned preventive health program, including explaining requirements to patients, reviewing submitted records, maintenance of database, and compiling reporting documents.
- Assists with coordination of clinics relative to assigned preventive health program.
- Coordinates with other departments to participate in university-wide new staff and faculty orientation processes.
- Assists with training, communication, and outreach efforts; maintains up to date resource listings for community and surrounding areas; and monitors and documents the ongoing utilization of resources for clients.
Outreach - 5%
- Collaborates with external agencies to stay abreast on best practices.
- May participate in task forces, committees, workgroups, etc. related to preventive health/mental health.
- May supervise student and/or part-time temporary employees.
Other - 5%
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Requires a high school degree; may require an Associate's degree
- 1-3 years of relevant experience required
- Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Associate's degree in a related health profession would be preferred
- 2-4 years of relevant experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of standard office policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control
- Knowledge of current physical health, mental health, alcohol and drug use, and social issues for adults.
- Knowledge of Health, Safety, and Emergency Preparedness policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of documenting services provided in an electronic medical record system.
- Knowledge of patient rights, patient consent, confidentiality and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Develops and maintains good working relationships.
- Proficient in English composition, grammar, spelling and punctuation, and basic math.
- Records maintenance.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Operates a variety of office machines including personal computers, telephones and copiers.
- Customer service skills.
- Effective interviewing skills.
- Active listening skills.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships.
- Communicates effectively.
- Handles emergent and/or potentially critical situations with accuracy, speed, and diplomacy.
- Possesses problem solving, organizational, and analytical capabilities.
- Promotes a diverse, inclusive environment.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Gathers data, compiles information, and prepares reports.
- Balances competing priorities.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting. If you are applying for a job that requires a CDL, you will be required to register with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and adhere to the clearinghouse requirements. Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States. Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the Fire Safety Report is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Salary range begins at $37,584. Annual salary commensurate with candidate's qualifications and related experience.
This position is non-exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). The incumbent is eligible for overtime pay or compensatory time according to University policy. Further, the employee must submit timesheets that accurately reflect all hours worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU. NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus. Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
February 14, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please contact the Disability Resources Office at 928-523-8773, DR@nau.edu, or PO Box 5633, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
Know Your Rights Poster
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://hr.peoplesoft.nau.edu/psp/ph92prta/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=606993&PostingSeq=1
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert