Full-Time Stationary Engineer (71124)
- Pratt Institute
- New York, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 31, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Facilities Management & Physical Plant
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Full-Time Stationary Engineer (71124)
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Pratt Institute is seeking a Full-Time Stationary Engineer to join its Facilities Management Team who will perform duties in regard to inspecting and monitoring all power plant equipment as needed for normal operation. The successful candidate will have knowledge of the operation of all plant equipment, as well as the ability to repair and maintain all mechanical equipment. The Stationary Engineer should be organized with good planning and problem-solving skills. If you are looking for a new opportunity to join a dynamic team in Brooklyn, then we want to hear from you!
On a typical day you will:
- Starts up all power plant equipment as needed for normal operation, which includes equipment in outlying buildings adjacent to campus.
- Inspects boilers and generators and other equipment and makes routine repairs to same; performs electrical trouble-shooting in connection with his operation when needed; takes any emergency action as needed in the event of abnormal conditions, and reports action to the chief engineer.
- Prepares lists of needed supplies, hardware, equipment, and inventory under the direction of the chief engineer.
- Performs maintenance work on critical equipment that is beyond the skills of regular maintenance people.
- Estimates what steam and electricity consumption will be required for the day or night and has sufficient equipment operating to supply it.
This is a Local 311 position. The Rate for this position is $46.7900/hr - $46.7900/hr.
Education: High school diploma or equivalency preferred.
Experience: Five years of previous experience as stationary engineer required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have a working knowledge of the operation of all plant equipment, including fuel oil pumps, heaters, burners, and controls, sump pumps, draft control equipment, plant instrumentation and meters including flowmeters, smoke, carbon dioxide, draft, other recording meters, and feedwater testing.
- Must also have knowledge of operation of engines, pumps, steam and electric generators, blowers, and all connected equipment, electrical controls, circuit breakers, and other switch gear; steam operated equipment such as heat exchangers, reducing and other control valves.
- Must have and retain in good standing such licenses as required by governmental authorities.
License: Must have a valid NYC Stationary High Pressure Boiler Operating license.
For campus access requirements related to COVID, click here
Pratt Institute gives the creative leaders of tomorrow the knowledge and experience to make a better world. A top-ranked college with opportunities in art, design, architecture, liberal arts and sciences, and information studies, Pratt offers nearly 50 undergraduate and graduate degree programs. The Institute’s impact expands beyond its 25-acre residential campus in Brooklyn to cutting-edge facilities throughout the borough, an additional historic building and public gallery in Manhattan, as well as an extension campus, PrattMWP College of Art and Design in Utica, New York. Since its founding in 1887, Pratt has prioritized diversity and inclusion, welcoming students from all walks of life while developing and sustaining pathways to more equitable workplaces and careers. Today, Pratt and its exceptional faculty pride themselves on being academically excellent as well as adaptable to both in-person and online learning. Pratt students are part of a collaborative, interdisciplinary, research- and inquiry-based education that prepares them for professional and personal success in creative fields and with the goal of contributing to a more just and sustainable world. With a long-held commitment to the communities of New York, Pratt offers a variety of programs for local pre-college and continuing education students in the Pratt Center for Community Development, the Center for Art, Design and Community Engagement, the Pratt Center K-12, and the School for Continuing and Professional Studies. The value of a Pratt education is evident in its graduates' diverse and thriving careers, where their designs, art, work, and environments have reimagined our world. In over 75 countries across the globe, Pratt’s 61,000 alumni are advancing the creative economy and making a positive impact through their remarkable work and research.
To apply, visit https://apply.interfolio.com/109583
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, marital or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Pratt Institute recognizes and values the benefits of a diverse workforce.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert