- University of Texas - Rio Grande Valley
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 31, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Human Resources Administration
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Posting Number: SRGV6478
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: P16 Outreach & Testing Services
Scope of Job:
To plan and execute assigned testing programs and be responsible for assisting in the coordination of the student testing program.
Description of Duties:
• Assists the Testing Coordinator in administering all tests including Saturday administrations.
• Administers testing session as applicable on a daily basis.
• Ensures the administration of all facets of the assigned testing programs including staff, facilities, and materials.
• May be required to perform outreach services.
• Maintains and submits testing rosters for reconciliation purposes.
• Maintains security of test registration files, test materials and confidentiality of test results.
• Complies with institutional, state and testing vendors’ rules, regulations and procedures.
• Conducts regular test material inventory and orders as necessary to avoid interruptions in testing administration.
• Assists in individual test administration (special needs or accommodations, correspondence, etc.).
• Manages and executes exam schedules and secures testing locations including inspecting testing facilities for assigned testing programs to ensure optimum testing conditions.
• Responsible for scoring institutional exams and uploading score reports to share folder.
• Monitors online registration to verify sufficient testing opportunities and seat availability.
• Interacts frequently with university departments, faculty, staff, and representative of testing agencies.
• Informs students, parents, teachers and school districts about applicable testing matters.
• Prepares and submits weekly, monthly and end of year reports.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of all assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
Bilingual (English and Spanish).
One (1) year of experience in teaching, training, testing proctor or testing in higher education.
Test administration experience in scoring and educational tests.
Use of standard office equipment. Proficiency in computer systems and applications, utilize Microsoft office daily.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and constant weekend/evening work is required.
Work performed on multiple projects concurrently, under pressure of rigid deadlines and time limitations. Ability to interact in a professional manner with faculty, staff, students and the public. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical and procedures, and other professionally related documents. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures. Ability to effectively write information and respond to questions from group of students, supervisors and the general public as necessary.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 01/17/2023
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non-discrimination in its education programs and activities, including employment. We encourage women, minorities and differently abled persons to apply for employment positions of interest.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Dear Applicant, Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following: *Date of Birth *Gender *Ethnicity/Race Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days. If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/37164 jeid-82c1c0fc412ba541967fde6b0b002853
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert