SENIOR FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST - Cashiers and Student Loan Collection #00025444
- Missouri University of Science and Technology
- Missouri, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 30, 2023
Cashiers and Student Loan Collection
Open Until Filled
Full Time/Part Time
Full Time, Benefit Eligible
$18.61 - $24.82/ hour
The Cashier Team Lead is responsible to oversee the front-line cashier operations within the cashier unit of the Fiscal Services department that reports to the Director III Business Administration.
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the Cashier office and provide functional supervision and support the Cashier Office personnel. Ensure deadlines are met. Assure Student Financial system functional knowledge for self and staff. Realign duties to accommodate changes in workload. Train staff. Develop and implement new procedures as necessary. Perform any front-line Cashier functions/tasks on an as needed basis. Maintain a written procedure manual.
- Maintain thorough understanding of the intricacies of the PeopleSoft student system, campus procedures and policies in order to offer assistance, advice, and guidance to Cashier staff, the campus community, student and parents regarding student account fee assessment, billing, payment processing, and payment options, financial aid distribution, and refund processing. Perform detailed student account analysis and gather other related information as needed to answer questions and resolve issues encountered by Cashier staff.
- Assist students, parents,and staff to resolve complaints and arbitrate disputes related to student accounts. Respond to email and phone inquires. Maintain cooperative working relationships with Registrar, Student Financial Aid and the campus community.
- Perform complex Student Financial system processes; evaluate and interpret waiver requests and assign appropriate equation variables for data entry into student accounts; review student accounts slated for refund for accuracy of enrollment and release of transcripts, review for accuracy and adjust holds timely. Run system processes to assess and post to student account charges. Fill in and perform collections, Third Party functions, end of the day balancing, and any other Cashier functions needed when staff are absent.
- Prepare for, arrange,and conduct meetings with Cashier staff on a regular basis to discuss current issues, upcoming events, and projects. Meet regularly with Director of Cashiers to discuss issues, projects, and schedules of Cashier front-line staff. Regularly review sponsor student receivable balances with Director and Third Party Specialist to determine whether sponsor contracts should continue. Meet with others, both within Fiscal Services and around campus as needed to complete projects, address issues and gather information.
- Reconcile return check clearing. Prepare journal entries in the GL for departments paying fees for graduate students. Create and maintain semester Excel worksheet for fees paid by department by student and MoCode used to reconcile Student Financials to the GL. Develop working knowledge of how Student Financials interface with the General Ledger to be able to prepare journal entries, non-PO vouchers, and CRR's necessary to maintain student accounts.
- Retrieve information from the student financial system and produce reports of student account activity as needed. Provide detail listings of selected fee or aid activity posted to student accounts as needed by Cashiers or the campus community.
- Process Athletic and Educational Fee Reduction waivers to student accounts and verify accuracy.
- Responsible for the preparation of journal entries in the GL for departments paying fees for graduate students on a semester basis. Create and maintain semester Excel worksheet which is reconciled to the GL.
- Maintain Cashier website, verify accuracy and make updates as needed. Review Chatbot interactions and monitor chats as needed.
- Present student billing and payment information, as needed, at New Student Orientation & Advising/Registration Days.
- Perform other duties as assigned. All positions within Cashiers will act as backup for other positions to meet daily customer service demands.
A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 2 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
A bachelor's degree that meets the minimum qualifications and is in business, accounting or related field..
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert