Lone Star College- Montgomery
35029 Faculty, Librarian
Purpose and Scope:
The librarian's role is to support learning through the provision of instruction, reference, and collection development services to a diverse constituency of students, faculty, staff, and community members. The librarian collaborates with faculty, staff, and administrators to ensure students have access to the resources needed to support the curriculum across multiple modalities.
- Provides individualized and class instruction in the use of library resources to support the development of information literacy skills
- Provides general reference services in a variety of in-person and electronic formats
- Serves as liaison to multiple academic departments to provide subject-tailored information literacy instruction, develop research guides, and assist with collection development
- Assists in maintaining and developing the library’s collection including print, audiovisual and electronic resources
- Evaluates, recommends, introduces, and maintains innovative technology to assist with student learning and success
- Develops outreach and cocurricular activities for students, faculty, and community partners, in order to promote library services and support cross-disciplinary learning outside of the classroom
- Administers on-going assessments of library services and programs
- Meets institutional service and professional development goals as determined in collaboration with dean/director
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
Commensurate with education, qualifications and experience
Master’s degree in Library Science / Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution
• Experience administering Springshare LibGuides and HTML/CSS coding.
• Experience supporting online/distance students and creating online learning materials.
• Experience with information literacy instruction, including familiarity with the ACRL Framework.
• Experience in collection development for sciences/health sciences and/or social science related subject areas.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.