Specialist III, lifePATH
- Lone Star College
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 30, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Adult & Continuing Education Programs, Student Affairs, Academic Advising & Academic Support Services, Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar, Disabled Student Services, Student Activities & Services
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Montgomery
Lone Star College offers high-quality, low-cost academic transfer and career training education to 93,000+ students each semester. LSC has been named a 2021 Great Colleges to Work For® institution by the Chronicle of Higher Education and ranked 35th in Texas in the Forbes ‘America’s Best Employers By State’ list.
LSC consists of eight colleges, seven centers, eight Workforce Centers of Excellence and Lone Star Corporate College.
Lone Star College–Montgomery, the premiere student-centered educational institution in Montgomery County, serves The Woodlands and Conroe communities. LSC–Montgomery provides a relaxing and conducive learning atmosphere while offering leisure learning opportunities, individual classes, and unique programs such as radiologic technology, physical therapy, and biotechnology.
Location address is 3200 College Park Drive, Conroe, TX 77384.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The LifePATH program provides a unique opportunity for adult students to learn the social and skill expectations needed in the business world, the academic world, and personal relationships.
Supports LifePATH faculty and staff by performing task-oriented duties while providing clerical, analytical, administrative, and operational support under general supervision. This position primarily performs specialized, specific functions requiring knowledge and experience in serving populations with disabilities, enrolled in the LifePATH program. The Specialist composes written documents to help students, potential students, and other campus representatives, better understand LifePATH, the population served, procedures, norms, and deadlines.
Typical duties may include information gathering and review, presentation of information in verbal or written form, the creation or modification of newsletters, and some interpretation of information. Assists the director in maintaining records of department assets and budget details. Assists staff and faculty in processes and duties related to marketing, recruiting, and selective admissions. Assists by relating process information to existing students and third-party entities regarding enrollment, payments, and confidentiality. Maintains various databases and systems related to confidential records, admissions, registration, and student progress. Informs and orients students in order to help them succeed in a college setting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides high-level advice and information
- Works the department’s information counter, phone center, and data entry center
- Assists new and returning students in all processes relating to admissions, registration, academic course advising, and course transferability
- Provides new students, in individual and group settings, information and orientation that will help them succeed in the college setting
- Advises, interprets, and implements district/state policies regarding testing and placement
- Processes degree plan requests and evaluates incoming transcripts
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Eligible to be a Designated School Official per USCIS guidelines
- Must have excellent written, computer, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use software products
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Ability to document expenses
- Strong attention to detail
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- High School Diploma and at least 3 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Associates Degree
- Experience working with people who have disabilities
Hiring salary range is $33,540 - $38,571
Lone Star College provides a hiring salary range for all posted full-time non-faculty positions. Where your salary offer would fall in that range is determined by your related experience and education. Should you receive an offer of employment from Lone Star College, the resume submitted in the application process will be utilized to calculate your salary offer. The information outlined below will provide the Office of Human Resources everything needed to determine an accurate starting salary.
Your resume should provide a complete picture of your work experience. The resume should include the following information for each position listed:
- Length of time (specific months and years) of employment
- If the position was full time or part time
- If the position was paid or unpaid
- Unofficial transcript for highest earned degree
Additionally, any certifications listed as required or preferred in the Lone Star College job description should be included in the resume submitted.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, a generous number of paid holidays and vacation days, wellness programs, tuition waiver, professional development opportunities and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert