Professor & Director of School of Art & Art History
- University of South Florida
- Tampa, Florida
- Competitive salary
- Posted Date
- Jan 31, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Arts, Art, Art History
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Professor & Director of School of Art & Art History
Department: School of Art & Art History
College/Division: College of The Arts - USF
Salary Plan: Full-time
Hiring Salary/Salary Range: Competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The School of Art & Art History at the University of South Florida is searching for an innovative, creative and visionary leader who is ready to build on its success and chart a new direction for the School toward a vibrant future. The Director will serve as the academic and administrative officer of the School of Art & Art History, reporting to the Dean of the College of The Arts. The Director is responsible for facilitating and supporting a high level of research productivity for faculty and students in addition to developing a collegial and rigorous academic community. The Director is a key member of the Dean’s Leadership Team- a collaborative, consultative and dynamic group of directors, who work closely to advance the mission and goals of the College of The Arts.
The ideal candidate will facilitate and build a collaborative shared vision for the School of Art and Art History. This vision should embody the recently completed strategic plan which includes a focus on research/creative practice, and meaningful community engagement and access. The director will continue to develop the department’s commitment to recruit and support excellent faculty and students and foster a culture that promotes justice with an emphatic affirmation that supports diversity, equity, and inclusion.
As we elevate our international prominence, we believe a deep engagement with our local community is a point of distinction. A successful candidate will invest in alumni and innovative partnerships and actively build new collaborative relationships. By embracing opportunities to embed the School of Art & Art History in the rapidly growing regional communities, including USF campuses in Tampa, St Petersburg and Sarasota-Manatee, the School of Art & Art History will advance the stature of the College of The Arts and the University of South Florida.
Qualifications (Education and Experience):
Successful candidates will have:
- Terminal degree in art, art history, or related field (i.e., MFA, PhD), or professional experience equivalent.
- An established record of distinguished research, teaching, creative activity and service, that are sufficient for a tenured appointment at the rank of Associate or Full Professor. Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate across disciplines in and outside of the arts. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion with demonstrated ability to lead effective change in diverse groups. Experience working with community organizations through outreach, research, teaching and/or creative activities. Experience with fundraising/donor relations/ alumni/interdisciplinary grants. Experience managing multi-source academic budgets. Evidence of established leadership of an academic unit, organization, or large-scale project.
Please provide the following documents when completing your application:
- Letter of interest Curriculum Vitae Contact information for 3 references. Applicants must submit links to a curated online portfolio of work examples and/or publications. Diversity statement that describes your effectiveness in promoting inclusive excellence among diverse populations in teaching, research, and/or practice.
Information for Applicants
This position is subject to a Level 1 criminal background check.
Job Opening Number: 32903
Posting Date: 12/12/2022
How To Apply
Go to https://gems.usf.edu:4440/psp/gemspro-tam/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=32903&PostingSeq=1. When applying to an opening you will have the opportunity to upload a cover letter and resume plus any other requested material.
Click here for additional tutorial information.
Equal Employment Opportunity
USF is an equal opportunity, equal access academic institution that embraces diversity in the workplace.
The University of South Florida does not discriminate on the basis of sex and prohibits sexual harassment. Any person may report sex discrimination, including sexual harassment (whether or not the person reporting is the person alleged to be the victim of conduct that could constitute sex discrimination or sexual harassment), in person, by mail, by telephone, or by electronic mail, using the contact information listed for the Title IX Coordinator. Reports may be made at any time either online or directly to the University's Title IX Coordinator.
Campus map and location overview: USF - Tampa Campus
The University of South Florida is a high-impact global research university dedicated to student success. Over the past 10 years, no other public university in the country has risen faster in U.S. News & World Report's national university rankings than USF. Serving more than 50,000 students on campuses in Tampa, St. Petersburg and Sarasota-Manatee, USF is designated as a Preeminent State Research University by the Florida Board of Governors, placing it in the most elite category among the state's 12 public universities. USF is a member of the American Athletic Conference.
Working at USF
With more than 16,000 employees at USF, the University of South Florida is one of the largest employers in the Tampa Bay region. At USF you will find opportunities to excel in a rich academic environment that fosters the development and advancement of our employees. We believe in creating a talented, engaged and driven workforce through on-going development and career opportunities. We also offer a first class benefit package that includes medical, dental and life insurance plans, retirement plan options, tuition program and generous leave programs and more.
To learn more about working at USF please visit: Work Here. Learn Here. Grow Here.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert