Childcare Apprenticeship Grant Coordinator
- Harford Community College
- Bel Air, Maryland
- $31.80 per hour
- Posted Date
- Jan 31, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Other Academic Affairs, Business & Administrative Affairs, Grants & Contracts
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
The Childcare Apprenticeship Grant Coordinator is responsible for managing the Childcare Apprenticeship Grant at HCC. The Coordinator is the primary point of contact for the Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE), current apprentices, and potential apprentices. This position collaborates with admissions, advising, the bursar’s office, and other relevant offices on campus as well as relevant employers across the state in the childcare sector. This position requires a flexible schedule to meet the diverse needs of stakeholders.
- coordinating and maintaining recruitment of applicants
- managing the application process
- facilitating collection of entrance contract signatures and assisting apprentices to understand the commitment
- coordinating onboarding orientation, course registration, and access to course learning platform
- tracking and monitoring student program progress and completion and, if applicable, communicate with teachers and employers
- facilitating submission of appropriate documentation for submission of prior learning for credit towards training requirements or employment hours as needed
- providing student advising and mentoring
- coordinating with relevant student support services on campus to address student needs
- coordinating and communicating with employers for the purpose of recruitment, site visits, and quality standards participation
- assessing effectiveness of apprenticeship program and communicate with Apprenticeship Committee to facilitate change as needed Completing staff schedule or supply ordering
- attending MSDE sponsored grant meetings
- collecting signed fund agreements and submit programmatic and financial reports along with relevant documentation.
- maintaining the filing system as required by the Maryland Labor Board
- conducting site visits as determined by Labor board
- performing other duties as assigned by the supervisor
This a part-time, hourly, grant-funded position; continuation of position is based on funding.
Employees of Harford Community College, including instructors for online and virtual courses, must be residents of Maryland or the contiguous states of Delaware, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia or the District of Columbia; non-residents are expected to relocate to meet this requirement.
A master’s degree in education or a closely-related field, one year of related experience, and an understanding of MSDE Childcare credentialing are required.
Apply online by February 15, 2023.
Harford Community College is committed to the principles of Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity. It is the policy of Harford Community College not to discriminate against applicants on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law with regard to any employment practices. HCC is an EEO and ADA/ADAA employer that values, embraces, and supports diversity in the College community.
Harford Community College has served as an anchor institution in Harford County since its inception in 1957. We are a mid-sized, comprehensive college committed to serving our community through high caliber educational offerings and cultural events.
HCC’s mission of “Grow. Achieve. Inspire. Contribute.” and our vision of continuously striving for satisfaction, completion, and success throughout the College community is demonstrated by our shared organizational values of Agency, Equity and Inclusion, Communication and Collaboration, Respect, and Innovation. Harford Community College is an Achieving the Dream institution, joining a network of higher education institutions and partners to enhance community college student opportunity, access, and success.
Our beautiful, 352-acre campus is conveniently located near Baltimore, MD; Philadelphia, PA; Washington, DC; and Wilmington, DE. We offer more than 80 affordable degree and certificate programs to nearly 2,000 full-time and 7,500 part-time students, as well as a wide variety of noncredit continuing education courses to nearly 11,000 students per year.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert