Full Time Faculty, Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- South University
- Georgia, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 30, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Curriculum & Instruction, Other Education, Special Education, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Adult & Continuing Education Programs, Distance Education Programs
- Employment Type
- Full Time
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coverage
The instructor facilitates meaningful learning of the course competencies in the curriculum and proactively supports all facets of the learning environment. The Instructor provides education through learning-centered instruction that will enable graduates to fulfill the evolving needs of the marketplace. The Instructor encourages a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility and respect, life-long learning and ethics as well as personal and professional development. Incumbent must assure that the South University philosophy is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and maintenance of an environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Provides competency-based education which aligns with the South University model of curricula as well as supports the South University style of system delivery.
- Designs and delivers class instruction through the development of instructional plans to meet course competencies, to create activities which support lesson objectives, and to deliver the instruction as approved.
- Enables the achievement of pre-described exit competencies for student achievement and evaluation of learning by providing instruction which fosters competencies and establish student performance criteria and evaluation.
- Delivers learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement as well as effectively planning and preparing for classes and student success.
- Promotes student success by showing flexibility in style and work schedule as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching and students and engaging students in the learning process.
- Manages the learning environment through keeping accurate records, submitting grades and other reports on time, and enforcing school/campus academic and attendance policies.
- Contributes to a learning culture by participating on curriculum and system task forces, supporting local campus events such as orientation and graduation, and participating in various other workshops and meetings.
- Relates professional/life/industry experience to learning by the continuation of professional/technical skills development, the introduction of industry perspective into courses, and the active awareness of professional/industry trends and opportunities.
- PhD or EdD in counselor education, preferably from a CACREP-accredited program, or have a related doctoral degrees and been employed as a full-time faculty member in a counselor education program for a minimum of one full academic year.
- 1-2 years’ experience as instructor of record in master’s and/or doctorate-level face-to-face, on-ground clinical mental health counseling instruction in a post-secondary or college institution.
- Membership in a professional association tied to area of instruction
- Current Georgia state LPC licensure required.
- Shows evidence of sustained professional development and renewal activities related to counseling and evidence of professional service and advocacy in counseling.
- Certification as a qualified clinical supervisor (ACS or CPCS) preferred for clinical training instruction and supervision to include Georgia Composite Board of PCs, SWs, and MFTs required telemental health certification and/or training in service delivery and supervision.
- Minimum working knowledge of web-based learning environment technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to build successful relationships with student populations.
- Computer based skills (i.e., software, analytical, and report writing skills)
Although this position is
currently remote, the program is accredited as in-person and may
have to return to that modality if our request for a digitally
delivered program is denied by CACREP.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.Other details Job Family All Positions Pay Type Salary Required Education Doctorate
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert