Program Coordinator (Administrative Support Coordinator II), College of Extended and Global
- California State University, San Bernardino
- California, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 31, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Accounting & Finance
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Program Coordinator (Administrative Support Coordinator II), College of Extended and Global Education Department
California State University, San Bernardino
Job No: 523764
Work type: Staff
Categories: Unit 7 - CSUEU - Clerical and Administrative Support Services, Administrative, Probationary, Full Time, Telecommute eligible (work onsite as scheduled and/or as requested and telecommute as scheduled) Job Summary:
The position serves the Professional and Continuing Education (PaCE) department primarily by providing administrative support to PaCE Programs and PaCE leadership, and basic project management. Emphasis given to Summer Session, Winter Intersession, and the ESP program.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate and perform administrative (clerical) aspects of PaCE educational programs with supervisor's support, and training, as needed
- Enter, maintain, and report data from a Client Relationship Management (CRM) platform;
- Be familiar with office administrative technology to facilitate program support and act as a resource to CEGE colleagues, test and learn new technologies that support the college's needs
- Participate in the creation and use of Knowledge Base articles for team. Processes and forms
- Perform procurement functions such as, but not limited to, making purchases, and generating purchase requisitions
- Provide student services support for all programs in PACE including student registration management
- Coordinate and schedule rooms, hospitality, and meetings for administrative meetings
- Attend regular meetings needful for the position
- Assist with the planning of Welcome events; attend and coordinate activities at Welcome events
- Other related duties as assigned Professional and Continuing Education leadership
PaCE Programs Support
- Assist in the preparation of various report types including budgetary, financial, enrollment data, market data, etc.;
- Assist to find potential solutions for challenges and opportunities;
- Support course offerings management within systems such Student Information System and CRM.
- Submit background check requests and preparation for the hiring of PaCE personnel
- Monitor inventory of textbooks and class materials
- Coordinate tabling and other marketing activities; attend student recruitment event;
- Perform a variety of communication functions with potential and current students;
- Assist to maintain program records
- Assist with handling, inventory and storing remaining supplies at the end of the programs;
- Attend administrative meetings pertaining to programs.
- Procure, prepare, and/or order various types of instructional and communicative materials for courses
- Maintain, track, process and provide correspondence for employee discount applications
- Prepare various types of faculty documents
- Process instructors' requests for duplicating learning materials
Minimum Qualifications: Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or its equivalent
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in general office, clerical, or secretarial work, or the equivalent.
- Experience to be fully functional in all technical aspects of work assignments.
- Experience and skills to manage projects from beginning to end, with minimal supervision.
- Thorough, detailed knowledge of applicable a university's infrastructure, policies, and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Thorough knowledge of office systems and ability to use a broader range of technology, systems, and packages; High proficiency with productivity software such as Google Drive and MS Office. Basic proficiency with communications software, databases, and CRM.
- Ability to independently handle multiple work unit priorities and projects.
- Ability to apply independently a wide variety of policies and procedures where specific guidelines may not exist.
- Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures.
- Ability to perform standard business math, such as calculate ratios and percentages, track financial data, and make simple projections.
- Ability to research and collect information, then present it in a variety of report types.
- Ability to effectively handle a broader range of interpersonal contacts, including those at a higher level and those sensitive in nature.
- Associate degree or BA/BS degree.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Coordinating and administering program events or projects, preferably in higher, extended, or adult education.
- Experience with gathering and analyzing data, and developing reports.
Compensation and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range: $3,681 - $4,150 per month
Classification Salary Range:$3,681 - $6034 per month
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 14 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here.
Work status: Full-time/Non-exempt/Probationary
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00a - 5:00p
The application deadline is February 13, 2023
Conditions of Employment
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
CSUSB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. See Form I-9 Acceptable Documents at https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-acceptable-documents.
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who physically access campus facilities or programs to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, which includes obtaining a COVID-19 booster dose, or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. See policy at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/11030468/latest.
Statement of Commitment to Diversity
In our commitment to the furthering of knowledge and fulfilling our educational mission, California State University, San Bernardino seeks a campus climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the entire variety of human experience. We welcome people from all backgrounds, and we seek to include knowledge and values from many cultures in the curriculum and extra-curricular life of the campus community. We will create, promote, and maintain activities and programs that further our understanding of individual and group diversity. We will also develop and communicate policies and promote values that discourage intolerance and discrimination.
California State University, San Bernardino is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, hire, train, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, caste, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, protected military or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096) For more information about Diversity & Inclusion at CSUSB, please visit https://www.csusb.edu/human-resources/diversity-inclusion
We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact the ADA Coordinator by email at email@example.com
CSUSB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus. See policy at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/6591951/latest/.
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, California Education Code section 67380, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), the Cal State San Bernardino Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at: https://www.csusb.edu/clery-act
To view full description and to apply, visit: https://www.csusb.edu
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert