Coordinator of Orientation
- Texas A&M University Corpus Christi
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 30, 2023
- Position Type
- Executive, Other Executive
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Coordinator of Orientation & Student Transition Programs
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Division of Enrollment Management
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
TAMU-CC is a dynamic university designated as both a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) and Minority-Serving Institution (MSI) with approximately 11,000 students from 47 states and 54 foreign nations. We employ over 1,400 full-time and 2,000 part-time Islanders (including students/GAs). The University attracts highly talented faculty and staff and offers an array of undergraduate and graduate degrees, including doctoral programs. As a member of the Texas A&M University System, TAMU-CC benefits from a range of resources, increased visibility and influence, and opportunities to collaborate in mutually beneficial ways with peers across member institutions and associated agencies.
TAMU-CC's beautiful campus is located on a 240 acre island on Corpus Christi Bay and was ranked #1 College by the Sea by Best College Reviews. Our natural setting is enhanced by its modern, attractive, and state-of-the-art classroom buildings and support facilities.
From our generous benefits package and professional development opportunities, to our retirement programs and our commitment to service excellence, the Island University is an engaging and rewarding place to work.
The Coordinator of Orientation and Student Transition Programs assists in the overall coordination and execution of programs and events designed to provide transition and yield activities for first-time freshmen and transfer students. This includes orientation, yield event participation, and other activities which support outreach to prospective students.
FUNCTIONAL AREA 1: ORIENTATION PROGRAMS
PERCENT EFFORT: 40%
- Coordinate the planning and executing freshman, transfer, or
other organized orientation or transition programs.
- Oversee the planning and execution of logistical operations
for each planned event.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of standard
operating practices and procedures (including documented record
keeping) on behalf of the Office of Orientation.
FUNCTIONAL AREA 2: COMMUNICATION ACTIVITIES
PERCENT EFFORT: 30%
- Facilitates the overall maintenance of the orientation page
on the TAMUCC website. This shall include cooperation and
collaboration with university website regulations and procedures
developed by MARCOM.
- Communicate with prospective students relative to
orientation and organized transition programs.
- Create and maintain strategic outreach campaigns relative to
orientation and organized transition programs.
- Assist in the development and production of marketing
materials related to orientation and organized transition
FUNCTIONAL AREA 3: OUTREACH & YIELD
PERCENT EFFORT: 20%
- Attend and help facilitate recruitment, yield, and outreach
programs as needed.
- Facilitate presentations as needed at recruitment, yield,
and outreach programs.
- Assist areas in the Division of Enrollment Management as
needed to support overall goals and objectives related to
transition programs in the student enrollment life
FUNCTIONAL AREA 4: OTHER DUTIES
PERCENT EFFORT: 10%
- All other duties as assigned by the Director of Student
Services, the Vice President for Enrollment Management, Assistant
to the Vice President & Director of Strategic Projects or their
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 years of related experience.
- Experience in working with event planning
- Proficiency in modern computer
- Strong organizational ability and ability to work
independently as needed
- Willingness to travel and work non-traditional
WHAT THEY WOULD LIKE TO SEE
- Master's degree.
- Experience in marketing, communications, student engagement,
recruitment or related.
- Experience planning multi-faceted events.
- Ability to make presentations and speak to
- Experience working with and/or supervising college
- Experience working on a college campus.
SALARY RANGE: $38,000-$46,000/ANNUALLY. SALARY IS CONTINGENT UPON EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TX/Coordinator-of-Orientation---Student-Transition-Programs_R-058664
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert