Class Dean Coordinator
- Middlebury College
- Vermont, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 30, 2023
- Position Type
- Executive, Other Executive
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Provides administrative support to the Class Deans, performing initial triage of inbound communications, dispensing information and referrals related to college policy and process to students, families, and campus stakeholders, and administering day to day operations related to academic matters and student status in the Advocate Care Module. Assists with event planning and logistics for student programming delivered or sponsored by the class deans.
This is considered a part-time temporary, hourly, non-benefits eligible position with an end date no later than May 28th. Hours per week will not exceed 32 but are yet to be decided. This is the perfect short term opportunity for anyone looking for experience in student affairs and higher education!We are excited to work with the right candidate to fill this need The hiring range for the position is $18 - $22.05 per hour.Core Responsibilities:
- Serve as knowledgeable initial point of contact and referral agent in responding to inbound communications from students, families and other campus stakeholders
- Process all administrative tasks and letters related to academic matters and changes of student status, including course warnings, academic failures and probations, etc.
- Advises Dean of Students and Care Management team on efficient business processes related to academic policy.
- Maintains and utilizes a library of letter templates related to changes of student status used to document leaves, returns from leave, and other important events and processes.
- Prepares and sends Dean's List and College Scholar letters to eligible students following each fall and spring semester; process enrollment verifications and dean's certifications.
- Track students' academic standing (course warnings, academic probation, academic failure, incompletes)
- Supervises student employees as needed.
- Associate's degree and a minimum of 3-5 years of administrative experience, or equivalent skills experience required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft and google suites, required.
- Ability to manage highly sensitive student information with complete discretion.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
Current knowledge of and commitment to the work of creating a campus climate of diversity, equity and inclusion for all.
General office working environment.Other:
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Covid-19 vaccination, including booster if eligible, is a condition of employment. For more information follow this web link:
As an employee of Middlebury College, you will enjoy being part of a vibrant supportive community.
Middlebury Colleges offers its employees excellent compensation and other perks of employment including:
- MiddCard Privileges: access to athletic facilities, discounts at the College store, library privileges, and discounts at cultural and sporting events. In addition, the card allows door access to certain campus buildings. Spouses or domestic partners of benefits-eligible employees are eligible to receive a Spouse/Partner card with the same privileges as the employee card (except door access).
- Discounts on season passes at Middlebury College Snow Bowl, the Ralph Myhre Golf Course and the Rikert Ski Touring Center
To apply visit https://apply.workable.com/middleburycollege/j/1F6BC0FCC2/.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert