.PT Faculty POOL - Film Studies
- Coast Community College District
- California, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 30, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Communications, Media Studies
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
.PT Faculty POOL - Film Studies
Coast Community College District
Salary: $67.66 - $128.66 Hourly
Job Number: .PT Film Studies
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
The Coast Community College District is a multi-college district that includes Coastline Community College, Golden West College, and Orange Coast College. The three colleges offer programs in a transfer, general education, occupational/technical education, community services, and student support services. Coastline, Golden West and Orange Coast enroll more than 60,000 students each year in more than 300 degree and certificate programs.
Since its founding in 1947, the Coast Community College District has enjoyed a reputation as one of the leading community college districts in the United States. Governed by a locally elected Board of Trustees, the Coast Community College District plays an important role in the community by responding to needs of a changing and increasingly diverse population.
Coast Community College District has an unwavering commitment to quality education, equitable outcomes; inclusive practices; and racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic diversity. Ideal candidates for all positions at our colleges share our devotion to educating and improving the lives of our representative student, employee, and community populations. At this time, our colleges enroll over 60,000 students per term; 32.67% are Latinx, 30.60% are White, 22.79% are Asian, 3.27% are African-American, 1.62% are Filipino, 0.41% are Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander, and 4.49% are multiracial. Many of our colleges are designated Hispanic-Serving Institutions (HSI) and Asian American Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institutions (AANAPISI). Coast Community College District engages in regular professional development opportunities and partnerships so that we can best serve disproportionately impacted groups. Activities and connections include a partnership with USC's Center for Urban Education; student and employee involvement in organizations like Puente, Student Veterans, and Gay Lesbian Alternative Straight Alliance (GLASA); a robust District Ally training program, including UndocuAlly (undocumented students), SafeZone (LGBTQ), Vet Net (veterans), and Ability Ally; and other equity-minded programs; as well as a full calendar of culturally responsive events throughout the district.
Part-time/temporary faculty positions offer flexible hours and the opportunity to assist a diverse group of adult students in achieving their educational goals. As one of the largest community college districts in southern California, we offer a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, vocational and occupational programs. These part-time positions are as needed and applicants should live within commuting distance to Orange County.
- Provide instruction in accordance with established curriculum and course outlines.
- Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics.
- Maintain current knowledge in the subject matter areas.
- Fulfill professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member.
- Teach all scheduled classes.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Assignments may include day, evening, weekend, online and/or off-campus classes.
Qualifications and Physical Demands
1. Must meet one of the following qualifications under (a) through (d):
a. Valid California Community College instructor credential, appropriate to the subject, per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990);
b. Master's degree from an accredited institution in film, drama/theater arts, or mass communication.
c. Bachelor's degree in film, drama/theater arts, or mass communication AND a Master's degree in media studies, English, or communication.
d. Or, possess a combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent to the above. Candidates making an application on the basis of equivalency must submit an Application for Equivalency in addition to all other required materials.
2. Evidence of a sensitivity to, understanding of, and the ability to manage the classroom environment AND effectively provide instruction to community college students of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds.
1. Recent community college or lower division teaching experience.
2. Expertise and professional experience in the field of course(s) to be taught.
Conditions of Employment
Employment is on a part-time, temporary basis and contingent upon verification of employment history, background verification as governed under Education Code requirements, eligibility to work in the United States, and approval by the CCCD Board of Trustees. The hours of work and an effective date of employment will be arranged with the supervisor.
This is a CONTINUOUS recruitment for an applicant POOL to fill part-time, temporary, hourly assignments on an as-needed basis. Departments or Divisions will refer to the POOL of applications on file to fill temporary assignments as the need arises. Part-time faculty applications are accepted year-round and will remain in the pool for one year. You will be contacted by the hiring manager should the department/division be interested in scheduling an interview. Please do not call the Office of Human Resources regarding the status of your application.
- Regular attendance is considered an essential job function; the inability to meet attendance requirements may preclude the employee from retaining employment.
- The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Coast Community College District policies, procedures, and Title IX. (Reference: BP/AP 5910 )
- The Coast Community College District celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators, and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing the District's strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.
To be considered for employment you must submit a complete application packet. A complete application packet includes:
- Part-time Faculty Employment Application
- Current Resume
- Application for Equivalency (if applicable)
Candidates will also be responsible for all travel expenses if selected for an interview, the Coast Community College District does not reimburse for candidate travel expenses.
If you require accommodations in the Application or Examination Process, please notify Human Resources by calling (714) 438-4714.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A detailed list of physical demands and work environment is on file and will be provided upon request.
Based on LHE (Lecture Hour Equivalent) in accordance with the current Part-Time Faculty Salary Schedule.
Coast Community College District Title IX:
This direct link 2020 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASFSR) is the 2020 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report for Coast Colleges. The crime statistics for calendar years 2017, 2018, and 2019 were submitted to the U.S. Department of Education as required under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. A hardcopy can be provided from one of the Campus Safety Offices. Please contact any of the Campus Safety Offices for any questions regarding the report.
Coast Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Coast Community College District is committed to employing qualified administrators/managers, faculty, and staff members who are dedicated to student learning and success. The Board recognizes that diversity in the academic environment fosters awareness, promotes mutual understanding and respect, and provides suitable role models for all students. The Board is committed to hiring and staff development processes that support the goals of equal opportunity and diversity, and provide equal consideration for all qualified candidates. The District does not discriminate unlawfully in providing educational or employment opportunities to any person on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or genetic information.
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/cccd/jobs/2222351/pt-faculty-pool-film-studies
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert