Associate Professor WOT, MEDEX
- University of Washington, Department of Family Medicine
- Seattle, Washington State
- Posted Date
- Jan 30, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration
- Employment Level
- Non-Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The MEDEX Physician Assistant Program at the University of Washington has campuses in Seattle WA, Tacoma WA, Spokane WA, Anchorage AK, and Kona HI. MEDEX seeks a senior and clinically active Physician Assistant (PA) faculty member at its campus in Seattle, WA. This will be a 0.8 to 1.0 FTE non-tenure track position as an Associate Professor in the Clinician Educator track.
Associate Professors WOT (without tenure due to funding) hold indefinite appointments that align with a 12-month service period (July 1-June 30). Faculty with 12-month service periods are paid for 11 months of service over a 12-month period (July-June), meaning the equivalent of one month is available for paid time off. The anticipated start date is April 1, 2023, or as soon as possible.
The full-time base salary range for this position will be: $5,753 - $13,000 per month ($69,036 - $156,000 annually) to be pro-rated based on FTE and commensurate with experience and qualifications, or as mandated by a U.S. Department of Labor prevailing wage determination. This range is inclusive of base salary provided through the UW Physicians (UWP) practice plan, in addition to base salary provided by the University. Please note that only compensation provided by the University is included in University benefit determinations and calculations. Compensation provided by the UW Physicians (UWP) practice plan may provide eligibility for separate benefits offered by that organization.
This position will work clinically within UW Medicine and provide leadership in scholarship and research for the MEDEX program. Leadership responsibilities include coordinating, managing, and supervising the MEDEX scholarship activities across the program’s multiple campuses. Other duties include lecturing, chairing courses as needed, involvement in recruitment and the admissions process, and duties assigned by the Program Director/Section Chief. The selected individual will participate in administrative and academic meetings and projects at the University of Washington campus in Seattle and other MEDEX training sites.
The position assists in all aspects of the program including the development, delivery, and evaluation of the curriculum associated with the program. University of Washington faculty engage in teaching, research and service. In addition to providing direct patient care as a PA within UW Medicine and oversite of MEDEX scholarship, other responsibilities may include:
- Providing high level curricular guidance
- Classroom and on-line teaching
- Developing syllabi, lectures and evaluation instruments
- Coordinating or chairing at least one course
- Advising and evaluating students
- Working collaboratively with other faculty members, medical director, staff and invited guest lecturers
- Developing and nurturing clinical sites and preceptors
- Developing and maintaining the clinical year curriculum
- Supervising clinical end-of-rotation activities
- Admissions activities, committees, as well as other duties as assigned
- A master's degree in Physician Assistant Studies or a related field, or foreign equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years teaching experience in an accredited Physician Assistant program
- Eligible for PA licensure in Washington
- Current NCCPA certification or foreign equivalent and two years of clinical experience
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert