Learning Management System Admin - Online Studies
- Goodwin University
- Connecticut, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 30, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Instructional Technology & Design, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Curriculum & Instructional Development, Instructional Technology & Design (Campus), Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology, Technology Administration/Other
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The mission of Goodwin University is to educate a diverse student population in a dynamic environment that aligns education, commerce, and community. Our innovative programs of study prepare students for professional careers while promoting lifelong learning and civic responsibility. As a nurturing university community, we challenge students, faculty, staff, and administration to fully realize their highest academic, professional, and personal potential.
Position Description Summary/Purpose :
The Learning Management System (LMS) Admin provides technical and data support to Online Studies Director, team, faculty, students and institution. This is an on campus position.
Essential Job Functions/Primary Responsibilities :
(The essential functions or duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Provide exemplary customer service over phone and email to manage conflict and resolve technical issues
- Performs LMS maintenance and optimization such as resolution of access problems and archiving and restoration of course sites.
- Interfaces with college LMS Administrators, and campus and central Service Desks to document, investigate and resolve application issues.
- Interfaces with support personnel from LMS, and other vendors to document, investigate and resolve application issues.
- Prepares and executes test plans to ensure that LMS's functionality is not compromised by the introduction of upgrades or new components.
- Monitors the batch interfaces between LMS and other applications and supports licensed third-party software applications embedded within LMS.
- Collaborates with internal technical teams to conduct Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity planning to ensure quality assurance of LMS application.
- Prepares and analyzes data for system efficiency such as LMS usage at each campus and activity logs.
- Serves as a technical resource in all aspects of systems, networks, and communications related to LMS and other integrated third-party tools.
- Call Center Support – Tier II level
- Collects and records gradebook items for the Registrar and record-keeping purposes
- Coordinates with Instructional Designers to develop instructional material for students and faculty on instructional technology related systems and processes
- Alternating 3 hours of work on weekends, remotely to respond to emergencies and clear handle weekend ticket queues.
- Conducts all work in a safe manner and all work safety practices are followed.
- Performs similar or related work as required, directed or as situation dictates.
- Continues professional development and training; keeps current with trends.
- Assists other department staff as needed to promote the team effort.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, and manage time
- Data skills: cleaning and preparation, pivot tables, data storytelling and visualization
- Ability and skills necessary to diagnose, identify, and troubleshoot software-related problems.
- Document and develop documentation for ongoing issues and support
- Working knowledge of emerging educational technology and strategies
- Ability to train faculty and students on use of LMS and other software systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, databases
- Demonstrated commitment to developing and fostering best practices and policies to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion, and build an environment in which all members of the University community are treated with respect and dignity.
Education, Training and Experience :
- 1+ year experience in customer service or Tier I help desk support
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience using a Learning Management System (Canvas preferred)
- Knowledge of Respondus Lockdown Browser
- Python, R, SQL, or VBA
Work Environment None Under 1/3 1/3 to 2/3 Over 2/3
Outdoor Weather Conditions X
Work with fumes or airborne particles X
Work near moving mechanical parts X
Risk of electrical shock X
Physical Activity None Under 1/3 1/3 to 2/3 Over 2/3
Talking & Hearing X
Using hands/fingers to handle/feel X
Climbing or balancing X
Bending, pulling, pushing X
Lifting Requirements None Under 1/3 1/3 to 2/3 Over 2/3
Up to 10 pounds X
Up to 25 pounds X
Up to 50 pounds X
Up to 75 pounds X
Up to 100 pounds X
Over 100 pounds X
X Close vision (i.e. clear vision at 20 inches or less)
Distance vision (i.e. clear vision at 20 feet or more)
Color vision (i.e. ability to identify and distinguish colors)
Peripheral vision (i.e. ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or
left and right while the eyes are fixed on a given point)
Depth perception (i.e. three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and
__ No special vision requirements
- $48-50,000 annually
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401k employer match
- Employee & dependent life insurance
- Great tuition benefits for employee, spouse & dependents
- PTO program
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert