Marketing Project Manager
- Northeastern University
- Massachusetts, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 30, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Marketing Project Manager
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Associate Director of Project Management, the Marketing Project Manager will advise, consult and guide the project management process for marketing projects within the Division of External Affairs at Northeastern University. The person in this role will not only work closely with stakeholders in defining the scope, schedule and budget for identified projects, but will be expected to work with the teams to identify and organize priorities and develop and document processes and procedures. You will interface with the creative team and our marketing channel owners, being an advocate for both the brand and program strategies as you ensure programs are successfully delivered on time.
As a Marketing Project Manager, you will oversee the creative development process of programs and campaigns and projects of all sizes. The Marketing Project Manager will serve as primary point of contact for project information and updates and must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
The position is based on the Boston campus with the option of one remote day per week.
- At least 3 years experience leading complex projects.
- Proven working experience in a variety of project management concepts, practices and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience working with executive level stakeholders.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Strong planning skills applied using Smartsheet and other relevant software.
- Familiar with agile project management methodologies.
- Strong understanding of marketing mediums and the creative lifecycle.
- Experience in higher education is not required, nor is it desired
Project Management Lead
- Collaborate with project sponsor and stakeholders to assess the business case for a project against divisional goals and assessment criteria.
- Collaborate with all relevant stakeholders in the definition of project scope and objectives
- Articulate complex projects into detailed project documentation, identifying structured phases and sprints to prioritize speed, improvements and enhancements.
- Monitor and track progress of projects, reporting on performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Formally manage changes to the project scope, schedule and budget.
- Formally identify and manage project risk, reporting and escalating issues to management as needed.
- Manage the relationship with the sponsor and all stakeholders ensuring the implementation of a formal communication plan.
- Manage project resources, making adjustments and improvements to project delivery to address constraints.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
Project Management Administration
- Support the Project Management Team, including the development and refinement of project management methodology, implementation tools and practices.
Marketing and Communications
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Boston-MA-Main-Campus/Marketing-Project-Manager_R110892
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert