Postdoctoral Research Associate
- Texas A&M University Corpus Christi
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 30, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Statistics
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Harte Research Institute
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
TAMU-CC is a dynamic university designated as both a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) and Minority-Serving Institution (MSI) with approximately 11,000 students from 47 states and 54 foreign nations. We employ over 1,400 full-time and 2,000 part-time Islanders (including students/GAs). The University attracts highly talented faculty and staff and offers an array of undergraduate and graduate degrees, including doctoral programs. As a member of the Texas A&M University System, TAMU-CC benefits from a range of resources, increased visibility and influence, and opportunities to collaborate in mutually beneficial ways with peers across member institutions and associated agencies.
TAMU-CC's beautiful campus is located on a 240 acre island on Corpus Christi Bay and was ranked #1 College by the Sea by Best College Reviews. Our natural setting is enhanced by its modern, attractive, and state-of-the-art classroom buildings and support facilities.
From our generous benefits package and professional development opportunities, to our retirement programs and our commitment to service excellence, the Island University is an engaging and rewarding place to work.
This postdoctoral research associate position will be under the supervision of Dr. Pollack at the Harte Research Institute for Gulf of Mexico Studies and Dr. Withers in the Department of Life Sciences. The postdoctoral researcher will develop and carry out methods to restore cyanobacterial mats, which are the driver of tidal flat ecosystem function. This work will be based in Texas estuaries and will include field collection, laboratory manipulations and sample processing, and statistical analysis to address specific questions. The postdoctoral researcher will join a hard-working team that is focused on providing science-based information to support resource management and conservation efforts and improve sustainability of coastal ecosystems. The postdoctoral researcher will gain experience in project management, project development, mentoring (of undergraduate/graduate students) and stakeholder engagement.
- Assume a leadership role in the study of cyanobacterial mat
- Test methods and develop best-practices for reporting to
funding agencies and use by stakeholder groups.
- Analyze and publish data from project field research and
- Collaborate with other members of the lab group, and mentor
students in the laboratory and field.
- Publish research results in peer-reviewed journals.
- Present research findings at public meetings, including
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Doctoral degree in Marine Science or related field.
- Coastal field experience, particularly in marsh and tidal
- Ability to work long hours, occasionally in inclement
- Experience with analyses in ArcGIS, R/ SAS.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including
experience communicating scientific findings to a broad
- Project management experience, with demonstrated ability to
meet project goals in a timely manner.
- Experience conducting experiments in a controlled/ laboratory
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TX/Postdoctoral-Research-Associate_R-058564
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert