Veterans Upward Bound Coord
- Eastern Kentucky University
- Kentucky, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 30, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Financial Affairs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Veterans Upward Bound Coord
Eastern Kentucky University
Title: Veterans Upward Bound Coord
Position Type: Part-Time Staff
Search Type: External - minimum 7 days
Department: 30G300 - Military & Veteran Affairs-Restr
Division: 5G1000 - Stu Life, Div, Equity, Incl-Restr
Position Location: Richmond Campus
Driver Classification: Driver
Schedule Type: Part Time, No Benefits (less than 20 hrs per week)
Hours Per Week: 20-24
Additional Schedule Details:
Posted Salary Grade: Non-Exempt - 43
Contact Person: Holly Branscum
Job Summary/Basic Functions
The coordinator supervises and manages the day-to-day fiscal, administrative and operational activities of the program. The position serves as part of the administrative team responsible for creating a supportive community that assists in preparing adult veteran program participants who have limited access to higher education opportunities for a successful post-secondary experience. The coordinator will have direct contact both in office and in the field with participants and programming.
Education: Certification or graduation from a four (4) year college or university.
Experience: One year of relevant experience is required.
Licensure & Certifications:
- 35% - Assist with Recruiting and Serving VUB Participants - Assist VUB with recruiting student participants both in person and virtually - Assist VUB with serving participants and helping them navigate the process of becoming ready for post-secondary education - Assisting the participants with tutoring or connecting them to resources as needed - (Essential)
- 20% - Analyze, reconcile, forecast, and oversee the financial budgets and accounting of VUB. - Manage day-to-day responsibilities related to multiple budgets and accounts - Consolidate, summarize, prepare, and present monthly budgetary report to VUB staff - Advise staff on financial strategies to reach VUB goals and objectives - Analyze and make recommendations related to VUB's financial status by reconciling actual cost in comparison to forecasts - Manage monthly procurement card allocations and acquire/maintain appropriate documentation - (Essential)
- 15% - Social Media and Virtual/Technology - Serve as the lead for VUB social media accounts - Coordinate the technology for the office - Create recruiting and event flyers, ads (print and virtual) - (Essential)
- 10% - Maintain Office Functions - Serve as an initial point of contact for VUB, responding to questions, escorting visitors, and handling inquires. - Maintain multiple databases (Blumen, Banner, Quicken, OES, Footprint) and generate reports as required or needed - Write and maintain VUB Operations and Procedures Manuel - Create/maintain/oversee student records and budget files - Maintain office equipment, inventory of program/supplies - (Essential)
- 5% - Manage student workers, interns and other students as assigned - Facilitate the hiring, training and supervision process - (Essential)
- 5% - Assist the Education Specialist and the Director in developing and implementing special projects related to the VUB grant goals and objectives - (Essential)
- 5% - Coordinate with EKU and other campus staff and university departments to plan and implement the program's special activities and events - Serve as an effective liaison between program and University departments/administrators regarding the fiscal, administrative, and operational components of the program - Create, plan, coordinate, determine logistics, and facilitate necessary resources for VUB activity/events. - Serve as a point of contact and primary lead coordinating the VUB graduation ceremony in collaboration with OMVA office. - (Essential)
- 5% - Other Duties as assigned - Serve as a representative on university and other committees such as KY TRIO, First Gen Celebration, and special events - Participate in professional development opportunities - (Essential)
Sponsorship: Visa sponsorship will be considered on a case-by-case basis, depending upon the needs of the unit, available sponsorship budget, and the qualifications of the candidate.
Funding Source: Grant
Open Until Filled: Yes
Eastern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of age (40 and over), race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, ethnicity, disability, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information in the admission to, or participation in, any educational program or activity (e.g., athletics, academics and housing) which it conducts or any employment policy or practice.
Background Check Statement
Offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory background check.
To apply, please visit: https://careers.eku.edu/jobs/veterans-upward-bound-coord-richmond-campus-kentucky-united-states
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert