Administrative Support AST II/III
- University of Florida
- Florida, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 30, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Communications, Public Relations & Advertising
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Administrative Support AST II/III
Job No: 525478
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL), Remote/Flexible
Department: 19030000 - EG-CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
Administrative Support AST II/III
- Coordinates departmental faculty meetings. Sends faculty reminders of upcoming meetings and changes in meeting time/venue. Distributes the meeting agenda and minutes for prior meetings to the faculty. Takes meeting minutes for departmental faculty meetings. Prepares list of action items based on faculty meeting discussions for review by the Chair. Maintains a record of faculty meeting minutes.
- Collects and archives meeting minutes and other materials for all Department Committees.
- Responsible for faculty promotion and tenure activities, sabbatical, and professional development leave. Verifies faculty eligibility, deadlines, and required documents at the start of each academic year and communicates these to the eligible faculty and to the Chair. Collects required information for review by the Chair and appropriate committees.
- Coordinates annual faculty performance review process by ensuring templates are distributed to faculty, collecting faculty annual reports, organizing reports for review by the Chair, sending faculty annual evaluations prepared by the Chair, arranging performance review meetings between faculty and the Chair, and maintaining the faculty evaluation files in compliance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Coordinates faculty recruitment activities. Provides support to the Search Committee. Serves as the liaison with prospective candidates, prepares itineraries, coordinates the candidate's travel and reimbursement, schedules meeting rooms and secures catering as appropriate.
- Assists department committees in arranging meetings and securing meeting space.
- Maintains inventory of marketing and development materials.
- Maintains conference room calendars.
- Other administrative duties as assigned by the Chair.
Assistant to Department Chair:
- Oversees projects as prioritized and identified by the Chair. Assists in implementing strategic plans for key programmatic activities in the Department (e.g. events, Advisory Board meetings, etc.). Tasks associated with these activities might include, but are not limited to, helping to plan and strategize, conducting research associated with these activities (e.g., collecting data for similar programs/events at other universities, collecting student or faculty data for program participants), creating materials for these programmatic activities (e.g., generating written documents, managing spreadsheets), and helping to implement these plans (e.g., securing meeting/event space, organizing dates for events, ensuring mailings of invitations, directly contacting participants).
- Schedules, organizes, and coordinates department events as directed by the Chair (e.g., Advisory Board meeting, development activities, and department staff and faculty meetings, etc.).
- Acts as the Chair's liaison with faculty, staff, students, and other stakeholders, taking messages and communicating requests to the Chair.
- Assists with communications intended for faculty, staff, students, and other stakeholders.
- Maintains the Chair's calendar and arranges meetings as directed by the Chair.
- Coordinates Chair's professional travel arrangements, travel authorizations, outside activity disclosures, and reimbursements.
Department Research Seminar:
Assists with managing the Department Research Seminar, including communicating with visitors, assisting visitors with travel arrangements and reimbursements, preparing the agenda for the visit, collecting information necessary to advertise the seminars, providing information to other units (HWCOE, other departments) and to faculty (primary, affiliate, and emeritus) regarding upcoming seminars, etc. Works with the Seminar Committee to ensure the seminar schedule is set prior to the start of each term.
Assists with Department Marketing and Communications Efforts:
Assists with Departmental Marketing and Communications efforts through coordination with the Chair and the Marketing and Communications Specialist. Assists with collection of information from faculty, staff, and students needed for marketing and communications efforts. Works with the Marketing and Communications Specialist to ensure research seminars and other events are posted on social media and the department website. Prepares and mails donor stewardship letters.
Performs various other duties as assigned by Department Chair or Associate Director for the benefit of the Department of Chemical Engineering.
Level II: $20.00 - $22.00 per hour;
Level III: $23.00 - $25.00 per hour
Level II: High school diploma or equivalent and four years of relevant experience.
Level: III: High school diploma or equivalent and seven years of relevant experience. Appropriate college course work or vocational/technical training may substitutes at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Internet Explorer.
Excellent oral and written communication skills, outstanding time management skills in order to manage wide variety of tasks that comprise the average work day, ability to work well with a wide variety of people, both internal and external to the University.
Ability to work independently and/or in group settings, problem solve, and deadline oriented. Highly motivated, self-starter with exceptional planning and prioritizing skills to best assist the Department's Chair and Associate Director.
Ability to develop rapport with faculty, students, alumni, industry, donors, and staff to facilitate a culture of support and collaboration.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered for this position, applicant must upload a cover letter and resume with application.
We offer flexible work arrangements such as hybrid remote work locations and/or schedules that fall outside of a unit's usual working hours. This position does require a minimum of 2 workdays in the office on campus.
This position is eligible for veteran's preference. If you are claiming veteran's preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required:
Special Instructions to Applicants
Health Assessment Required: $Health
Applications Close: $Closes
To apply, visit https://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/en-us/job/525478/administrative-support-ast-iiiii
The University is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. jeid-ed1798ae46f97840a06ce0a4e8480dcb
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert