- Dartmouth College
- New Hampshire, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 30, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Development & Advancement
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Open Until Filled
Department this Position Reports to
Medical and Healthcare Advancement
Hiring Range Minimum
Hiring Range Maximum
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time
Scheduled Months per Year
Scheduled Hours per Week
M-F 8:00AM-5:00PM as one or two days in the office a month as a team, and otherwise as needed based on effectively performing job duties and responsibilities.
Location of Position
21 Lafayette Rd
Remote Work Eligibility?
Is this a term position?
If yes, length of term in months.
Is this a grant funded position?
The Stewardship Analyst an integral part of the Stewardship team that cultivates mutually beneficial relationships with alumni, patients, corporations, foundations, and friends to secure private support for Dartmouth Health, its member institutions, and the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth College.
Required Qualifications - Education and Yrs Exp
Bachelors plus 2-3 years' experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Qualifications - Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills. Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse constituency in a consistently positive and productive manner – including clinical patients, donors, alumni, and colleagues.
- High degree of comfort with complex database systems and the desire and ability to learn new systems as needed.
- 1 – 3 years of fundraising experience preferably with direct donor contact in a medical or academic environment.
- Stewardship experience in a Raisers Edge environment is preferred.
- Demonstrated writing experience preferably in the creation of donor communications and gift acknowledgements.
- Ability to manage shifting workloads and changing priorities with grace and tact.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to work independently and as part of a team as necessary.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse community.
- Brings joy and humor to the workplace.
- Knowledge of gift and endowment accounting practices, and CASE reporting standards preferred.
- Experience leveraging information systems and business practices to enhance donor experiences preferred.
Department Contact for Cover Letter and Title
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Is driving a vehicle (e.g. Dartmouth vehicle or off road vehicle, rental car, personal car) an essential function of this job?
Not an essential function
Special Instructions to Applicants
All Dartmouth College employees, whether working on-site or remotely, are required to be up to date with vaccination against COVID -19 (or to have received an approved exemption from vaccination through the Office of Institutional Diversity and Equity). Please visit https://dartgo.org/vaxpolicy for details. Compliance with this requirement is a condition of employment. Failure to meet this condition of employment within the first 30 days may result in Dartmouth in its sole discretion ending employment.
Dartmouth College has a Tobacco-Free Policy. Smoking and the use of tobacco-based products (including smokeless tobacco) are prohibited in all facilities, grounds, vehicles or other areas owned, operated or occupied by Dartmouth College with no exceptions. For details, please see our policy. https://policies.dartmouth.edu/policy/tobacco-free-policy
- Manage an annual stewardship portfolio in assigned programmatic
areas that supports the stewardship strategic plan. To include but
not limited to:
- Leadership Acknowledgements
- Impact Reporting (Financial and Narrative)
- Recognition Program Coordination
- Stewardship Initiatives for Key Areas (i.e. Chairs, Scholarship, Clinical Care, Research)
- Maintain a calendar of annual stewardship actions, events, and project timelines.
- Create collaborative donor-focused relationships with primary staff, administrators, principal investigators, and finance managers to proactively ascertain how funds are used and ensure donor intent is met.
- Work closely with frontline staff and gift recording staff in the acknowledgement process, including processing leadership acknowledgements and tribute notification letters.
- Assist with content revisions, copyediting, proofreading, and mailing of impact reports, student letters, and other communication materials.
- Recognition Event Support:
- Under the supervision of the Director and in collaboration with the Events team where applicable, facilitate donor engagement meetings and recognition ceremonies.
- Maintain a calendar of donor-funded lectures, grand rounds, or other presentations and manage stewardship actions for them. This may include gathering event materials to share with donors, arranging photographs of the event, and occasionally attending the events.
Percentage Of Time
Systems, Process and Data Integrity
- Ensures that appropriate systems are maintained in a consistent, accurate manner.
- Works closely with other team members in Advancement Services to ensure that we regularly capture and maintain key data points for all the programs overseen by Stewardship.
- Develops various outputs, reports and files from multiple systems.
- Has the ability to troubleshoot problems and recommend improvements to systems, reports, and other outputs.
- Works on data enhancement and integrity projects for Stewardship.
- Update and keep current process documentation.
- Participate in organization-wide initiatives and trainings that contribute to the creation of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
- Utilize internal and external resources to support your personal and professional development journey with mentorship from the Director of Stewardship.
- Attend departmental and organizational retreats for shared planning, team building, and professional development.
- Keep informed of trends in fundraising and medical communications and apply them to projects.
Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Talent Acquisition Consultant
- American Library Association
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Dartmouth College Employment Website
- Internal Employee Referral (Please specify full name below)
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed Jobs
- National Black MBA Association
- Recruit Military
- Valley News
- Other (Please specify below)
- If you answered, 'Internal Employee Referral' or 'Other' to the
above question, please specify here:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert