Adjunct Faculty, Cardiac Sonography
- Austin Community College
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 30, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Other Education, Professional Fields, Other Professional Fields
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Job Posting Closing Times: Job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M. on the closing date e.g., at midnight on the day before the closing date.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable
access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to
facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body as an open-access and low-cost institution. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to our students' diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Adjunct Faculty, Cardiac Sonography
Job Description Summary:
Responsible to prepare and deliver cardiac sonography clinical coursework in engaging, innovative, and discipline-appropriate ways that reflect a commitment to success equity, respect for diversity, an understanding of culturally responsive teaching, and knowledge of the teaching field. Meets professional standards for faculty in accordance with college policies and procedures.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare and teach courses in the field of Adult
Cardiac Sonography to a diverse student population based on
the department's approved course learning outcomes, utilizing a
variety of instructional strategies appropriate to the needs of
community college students and the standards of the
- Evaluate student progress and provide clear, timely feedback
reflecting program learning outcomes and departmental
- Provide teaching and mentoring services to students in a manner
which does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
age, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or other
- Remain current in the field through a variety of professional
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by the department
chair, dean, and/or associate vice president, vice president,
executive vice president.
- Occasional evening/weekend duties as assigned, such as open lab
and outreach opportunities.
- Demonstrated proficiency using computer applications, online
resources, and other technologies for the classroom. Demonstrated
proficiency using an online learning management system such as
Blackboard to develop and build course content and perform
administrative duties (posting office hours, syllabi, etc.)
- Preferred experience using PACS- Picture Archiving and
- Meet deadlines for attendance certification and submission of
final course grades.
- Maintain regular office hours to assist students and improve
student retention and success.
- Recognize and reflect standards of civility and collegiality in
- Comply with published college policies and procedures and meet
professional standards for teaching in a community college.
- Appropriate use of the college's learning management
- Associate of Science or Associate of Applied Science in
Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
- Educational requirements in accordance with SACSCOC
accreditation standards. https://www.austincc.edu/employment-at-acc/full-time-and-adjunct-faculty-position-information/minimum-credential-qualification-requirements
. No substitution for educational requirements.
- In accordance with Southern Association of College and Schools
Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) requirements: Three years of
non-teaching, industry-related work experience in the field of
- Active Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer - Adult
Echocardiography (RDCS - AE) or Registered Cardiac Sonographer
- Ethics, integrity, and sound professional judgment.
- A commitment to establishing and maintaining positive working
relationships with students, colleagues, and staff representing
diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Dynamic, non-traditional instructional delivery methods to
teach students of widely varying levels of proficiency and from
diverse backgrounds and abilities.
- Appropriate and up-to-date knowledge of the discipline and
- Experience using technology as an instructional aide where
appropriate to enhance learning.
- Documented experience with active and applied teaching and
- A strong commitment to teaching in a community college setting,
including teaching practices that reflect an understanding of the
multicultural classroom and the benefits of cultural awareness and
sensitivity in the classroom and the workplace.
- Commitment to a diverse workforce.
- Commitment to the comprehensive mission of Austin Community
College and to the principles and practices associated with
- Ability to communicate effectively with students with a wide
range of skills and backgrounds.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with varied and
diverse groups from the community as well as students, staff,
faculty, and administration.
- Strength in communication media, both verbal and written, as
well as listening.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to
maintain an established schedule, including evenings and weekends,
including possible multiple campus locations that may vary by
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality of student
- Understanding of what it means to teach in a community college
environment that serves often underprepared and underrepresented
- Understanding of systems of inequality and recognition of the
role of community college faculty in promoting equity, equality,
- Other: See Commitment to Equity and Inclusion.
- Work is routinely performed in a classroom or laboratory
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, and reaching for
extended periods of time.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working
conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to
prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Job Posting Close Date:
August 31, 2023 Clery Act
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
If you are a current Austin Community College employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account .
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert