Associate Program Officer
- The Spencer Foundation
- Chicago, Illinois
- Commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
- Posted Date
- Jan 30, 2023
- Position Type
- Jobs Outside Academe, Non-profit & Government Organizations
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Associate Program Officer
The Spencer Foundation seeks to hire an Associate Program Officer to work with Foundation staff to implement goals in the major programmatic areas. The Associate Program Officer will report to the Senior Vice President. The appointment entails a four-year non-renewable contract.
Primary responsibilities include:
Working with Foundation staff on grantmaking, including:
- Reviewing grant proposals and facilitating external reviews.
- Providing comments on proposals across field-initiated and Foundation-initiated programs.
- Preparing and presenting proposal recommendations.
- Writing and reviewing summaries of progress reports from grants.
- Coordinating, monitoring, and evaluating activities and outcomes for a portfolio of initiatives or grants.
Working with Program staff on developing and sustaining research programs, including:
- Writing analytic reviews to support developing new research initiatives, which may be based on literature reviews, conversations with leading researchers, conference proceedings, and findings from recent grantmaking.
- Planning and organizing convenings on the emerging research agendas with grantees and other scholars.
- Representing Spencer at meetings and conferences.
- Participating in the development of systems for capturing data from Spencer-sponsored research grantmaking.
- Engaging in outreach and university visits as a representative of Spencer.
Preparing regular reports and presentations for a variety of purposes and audiences, summarizing development and recommendations for key program areas, including:
- Assisting in the development of reviews, summaries, and informative reports.
- Contributing to the development and drafting of materials for public dissemination.
- A PhD, EdD or other comparable graduate/professional degree with substantial concentration in education or a related social science field is preferred. Expertise on quantitative methodologies, or developmental psychology, special education, or educational leadership and policy is preferred.
- Evidence of ongoing scholarly productivity and engagement.
- Evidence of strong research and analytic skills.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and belonging.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and competing demands and to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in a role requiring collaboration within an organization, as well as a demonstrated ability to work with efficiency and diplomacy.
Salary commensurate with experience
The Spencer Foundation is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
Email a letter of interest and current resume by March 1, 2023, to:
Kathryn Gray, Director of Personnel
Apply for Associate Program Officer
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert